By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Say Something About Your Country :-)!!

chocoloco said:
SpokenTruth said:

Sorry, I was actually trying to support your statement.

Just clarifying I am not really from Jamaica as my profile says!

You imposter! lol

Around the Network

Half hate the president, half doesn't

'Murica

America in one image:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ryng_Tolu said:
Italia: Spaghetti, Pizza, Maccheroni, Dario Argento, Bud Spencer, bud spencer, terence hill, Totò, Benigni, Fantozzi.

I love italian food!!!

chocoloco said:
Wonktonodi said:

I don't think Colorado is in the top 10 for tourism. 

Well, I guess things have changed from my memory of old data. I am thiking of the snowboard/ sking business obviously.  It is pretty big. 

Ok, if it was tourism just for snow sports I could see that. But total tourists, total tourist dollars or other mixes of foreign and domestic tourists qualifiers, usually have CA FL and NY as the top three with Nevada and Texas often the remaining top 5.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Italia: Spaghetti, Pizza, Maccheroni, Dario Argento, Bud Spencer, bud spencer, terence hill, Totò, Benigni, Fantozzi.

I love italian food!!!

Best food of the world.

Slarvax said:

We also have the hottest women in the world, even if Anfebious doesn't admit it. (accidental double post )

That's true.  There is always a rivalry between venezuela and puerto rican girls on miss universe.  Venezuela have more winners though

Captain_Yuri said:
Canada and we are the Master Race of the World!

Canada and we used to be cool.  Before the Harperites took over... the Conservative party has been in power for a decade and turned the clock back by several more than that.

Before Harper came to power 

- Women won the legal right to go topless (still can but now the argument is over burquas and hijabs as Harper fights against a pluralistic multicultural society.)

- Marijuana was on the verge of decriminalization

- We had the highest human devolopement index score in the world for years

- Gay marriage was legal (one of the first few countries to do so), prostitution was on the road to decriminalization (they fought that for a decade in court but caved on the gay marriage)

on the whole a progressive left of center country working towards international co-operation and we gave a shit about science and the environment.

In the last decade, we have had wars plural, harsh drug laws passed, manditory minimum sentences, a massive expansion of the secret police (CSE and CSIS et. al) all with mimimal oversight.  Protest will be made illegal unless the bill before the house is amended.  The government was convicted of voter fraud on numerous occasions (in and out scheme, the ethics parliamentary secretary falsified his election expenses, and at least one member was involved in a widespread robocall voter suppression scheme to name but a few).  At the same time our standard of living in dollars adjusted for cost of living increases and human development index have been dropping (from 1st to 8th in the later).  Scientists are muzzled to the point where the Journal Nature writes editorials about it (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nature-journal-criticizes-canadian-muzzling-1.1274336), our environmental record has been among the worst in the world for most of the last decade.

So we used to be cool, but have taken a long slow gradual slide into banal and stupid.

I live in Australia. A country that prides itself on (false) freedom.
Ah, to be led by fascists.

allenmaher said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Canada and we are the Master Race of the World!

Canada and we used to be cool.  Before the Harperites took over... the Conservative party has been in power for a decade and turned the clock back by several more than that.

Before Harper came to power 

- Women won the legal right to go topless (still can but now the argument is over burquas and hijabs as Harper fights against a pluralistic multicultural society.)

- Marijuana was on the verge of decriminalization

- We had the highest human devolopement index score in the world for years

- Gay marriage was legal (one of the first few countries to do so), prostitution was on the road to decriminalization (they fought that for a decade in court but caved on the gay marriage)

on the whole a progressive left of center country working towards international co-operation and we gave a shit about science and the environment.

In the last decade, we have had wars plural, harsh drug laws passed, manditory minimum sentences, a massive expansion of the secret police (CSE and CSIS et. al) all with mimimal oversight.  Protest will be made illegal unless the bill before the house is amended.  The government was convicted of voter fraud on numerous occasions (in and out scheme, the ethics parliamentary secretary falsified his election expenses, and at least one member was involved in a widespread robocall voter suppression scheme to name but a few).  At the same time our standard of living in dollars adjusted for cost of living increases and human development index have been dropping (from 1st to 8th in the later).  Scientists are muzzled to the point where the Journal Nature writes editorials about it (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nature-journal-criticizes-canadian-muzzling-1.1274336), our environmental record has been among the worst in the world for most of the last decade.

So we used to be cool, but have taken a long slow gradual slide into banal and stupid.

I also hate Harper

#1 Amb-ass-ador