By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What If NX = steam machine made by nintendo

That would be absolute most amazing thing that has happened to this industry in the last forever.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

Can we stay within the realms of reality at least here?

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Teeqoz said:
Nintendo has made PC parts since when? They might as well just start making games for PC then (Windows...) and have their own marketplace for their games, where they earn every dollar from the digital sales. There's no way Nintendo would get a dollar from the sales of other games on Steam anyway.

Instead, you're proposing that they start making PC games, but only release on a fraction of the PCs in the world.

No, what I'm suggesting is, it would be wonderful if this was possible and I just wanted a fun discussion. Jeeeez guys....

Anyway. If the Nintendo games could possibly run in a separate partition as such, then why not? They would only run on the NX. The addition of steam games to their console would just insure that all hardcore gamers would clamor for an NX. 

In that case they'd be better off releasing on all Steam machines (even though that wouldn't be clever either).

It probably wouldn't be as bad of an idea as some people think. The traditional console model doesn't work for Nintendo and I doubt it ever will again.

But they wouldn't really need Valve or Steam. They could do this on their own.

They could just release a box that had a PC GPU + CPU + say the Wii U or NX chipset integrated. RAM, disc drive, wireless, etc. is shared on the device. Release it in the West, screw Japan.

Third parties don't really have to "port" anything as their PC games would run on the machine by default. Nintendo could just set it up so that to buy a game you can only buy it through their eShop.

If a third party game sells, then the third party gets the profit with Nintendo keeping a $5-$10 licensing fee. Nintendo games just run straight off the NX chip. Works for everyone involved I think.

Have the standard NX whatever console, this could just be some additional form factor of it. 

So basically..... what your asking is if.....

Nintendo stopped makeing consols, and instead just made a software for your gameing needs, on windows?
And then nintendo just sold normal pcs with windows instead of consols. (thus you have your nintendo steam type pc?)

yeah.... no.

Why would you throw away all the benefits there are to haveing a consol?
I guess the pc users would be happy though.

Around the Network

No, that makes no sense. NX is Nintendo's next home console.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It will probably be a subscription and free to start based streaming machine but without Steam.

It's an interesting, but unlikely, concept. The Nintendo games would still be exclusive to the platform, yet it would get all of the games that are available on steam :).

This is impossible imo and would be even more worse.

Dr.Vita said:
This is impossible imo and would be even more worse.

^ nintendo's games would be up against the marketspace of pc games.

Could mean less sales for nintendo, on the other hand, their user base would explode to really high heights if they made it free (the software, not the games).

Would the tougher competition for nintendo be worth it? if it ment they had maybe a much larger user base? I think so actually.

However they would be changeing their core user out for a differnt type of user.

You dont buy a pc to have it sitting in the liveing room as a consol.

And the question is, could nintendo sell as well to this new user group they would have to pick up?