By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN ARTICLE] HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME - (This is not the review)

I'm just sitting here wondering how this guy made executive editor. IGN today is in shambles.

Around the Network

Not sure why everybody is hating on him...the article presented a fairly clear and well thought out criticism of the game from the perspective of someone who is fairly new to the souls franchise. I think this perspective is perfectly valid.

The opinions of hardcore fans aren't going to be as applicable to those who have barely played the games before, and of course, the opinion of new players aren't going to be of much use to Souls veterans. As he said, this article was not written for you.

sabastian said:
ethomaz said:

SoulLurker said:

The first boss is a joke point?> everything you said is BS, you SAY you bought the game doesn;t stop one from having biases.

He don't know what is saying too because you don't need to kill any boss to reach 1 Insights to use to ask coop help lol

Ok then, here I am thinking that I have to kill that boss. I will try playing it the way you just explained it. 

Thanks.

That boss is a joke anyway man come on..... you can keep dodging behind him kill him without getting hit....if thats too hard sell the game immediately. You can slos summon help.....

KLAMarine said:
Mystro-Sama said:

This guy is a massive man child. It's one thing to not be good at a game and another to write a 2 page article whining about the fact that you suck at a game.

GIT GUD.

It's his job to write articles.

So? What does that have to do with what I said? lol

sundin13 said:
Not sure why everybody is hating on him...the article presented a fairly clear and well thought out criticism of the game from the perspective of someone who is fairly new to the souls franchise. I think this perspective is perfectly valid.

The opinions of hardcore fans aren't going to be as applicable to those who have barely played the games before, and of course, the opinion of new players aren't going to be of much use to Souls veterans. As he said, this article was not written for you.

Again..there is more to the article..he has been raging on twitter acting like a 2 year old for days, he is unprofessional.

Around the Network

You guys, this is not the review, this is just the opinion of one of the editors. 

If this was the reviewer talking,  the game would have gotten a bad score.

Clyde32 said:

You guys, this is not the review, this is just the opinion of one of the editors. 

If this was the reviewer talking,  the game would have gotten a bad score.

I think we all know this lol.

A lot of IGN workers suck at certain games. They even got caught playing games on easy in their reviews.

sundin13 said:

Agreed.

Demon Souls was a PS3 exclusive and Dark Souls 1/2 sold like crap on X360. If the ownership rate is really 50% from last gen like people here say, than there is most likely a lot of new players trying a Souls game for the first time.

It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

In my experience, I had more problem with the common enemies than the first boss. I beat the first boss on my second try but did die a few times from common enemies especially when I was attacked in horde, I was also using at first the wrong approach due to old habit from the souls games.