By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN ARTICLE] HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME - (This is not the review)

BraLoD said:
He stops after the first boss and hate it because he sucks, classic.

Pretty much this.  I like how he lists all of the hardcore games he enjoys just so we know he's not a total scrubbycakes.

Personally I think he's exaggerating.  I got to the first boss with one death and downed him on my first try.  I am not some gaming guru I just took my time and used all the tools at my disposal.  Modern games have softened people.  I can't believe how poor some of these gaming journalists are at videogames.  No wonder why they're always pushing walking simulators and depression quest style games on us.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
sabastian said:
I agree with EVERY point that he has made.

- A game that is just hard for no reason will not only push away current gamer's that has played it and did not like it, but may also push them away for future releases.

- Bloodborne needs a better save system. No reason that you would have to kill 50 + enemies, open a few shortcuts, die at a boss fight 45 min later and have to repeat the entire process all over again. That's not fun by any means.

This series is cannibalizing it's own unit sales and legacy.

-

This game will be the best selling From Software's game ever... the exactly opposite is happening... more people are playing it.

The save system is auto and works perfectly:

+ It saves any place/position you are... so if you left the game you will back to the right place.
+ If you die it back you to the last CP with all the shortcuts and items saves.

It is really the perfect save system for these types of games... you didn't loose anything every time... with the sortcuts you can back to the same place you are in matter of few minutes (you can do CP to boss in less than 1 minute).

PS. What From needs to works is in the loadtimes... wait 30 seconds give me fear.

(1) The game is selling well because it the 1st Exclusive that's being released on the PS4 in a few months. Gamers want games to play. It's being released at the perfect time.

(2) Great reviews, along with word of mouth is also helping it sell.

I also guarantee you it will be the highest RETURNED/SOLD to Gamestop game released this generation up to this point. 

And IMO the save system is far from perfect. No need to have a player kill enemies in the game world to die and have every enemy respawn.

Some gamers will hit a wall at the 1st save lamp. Even if you open all the shortcuts aroung the boss on the bridge, if and when you die, you will still hvae to face a few enemies before you reach the boss on the bridge again. Compound with the 2 wolves, good luck if you have any health viles left, and then the boss with the enormous health bar. 

"by making me kill those exact same enemies so many times it becomes more chore than challenge."

Seriously Bloodborne's essence is opposing that. You miss that, you miss everything about this game.

sabastian said:
ethomaz said:
sabastian said:

- A game that is just hard for no reason will not only push away current gamer's that has played it and did not like it, but may also push them away for future releases.

- Bloodborne needs a better save system. No reason that you would have to kill 50 + enemies, open a few shortcuts, die at a boss fight 45 min later and have to repeat the entire process all over again. That's not fun by any means.

-

This game will be the best selling From Software's game ever... the exactly opposite is happening... more people are playing it.

The save system is auto and works perfectly:

+ It saves any place/position you are... so if you left the game you will back to the right place.
+ If you die it back you to the last CP with all the shortcuts and items saves.

It is really the perfect save system for these types of games... you didn't loose anything every time... with the sortcuts you can back to the same place you are in matter of few minutes (you can do CP to boss in less than 1 minute).

PS. What From needs to works is in the loadtimes... wait 30 seconds give me fear.

(1) The game is selling well because it the 1st Exclusive that's being released on the PS4 in a few months. Gamers want games to play. It's being released at the perfect time.

I also guarantee you it will be the highest RETURNED/SOLD to Gamestop game released this generation up to this point. 

And IMO the save system is far from perfect. No need to have a player kill enemies in the game world to die and have every enemy respawn.

Some gamers will hit a wall at the 1st save lamp. Even if you open all the shortcuts aroung the boss on the bridge, if and when you die, you will still hvae to face a few enemies before you reach the boss on the bridge again. Compound with the 2 wolves, good luck if you have any health viles left, and then the boss with the enormous health bar. 

Tales from yuor ass, also the ps4 has the most games of either system. Please post proof as your post sounds like fanboy dribble. it's an amazin game, it is unlikely there is an truth to your "Its the highest traded i game".

The save system is perfect as perfecting the amazing combat engine needs enemies to be there, plus they drop items. It's fair and rewarding. Eplain the reviews if it si so flawed then?? what do you know no one else does? total BS.

PS:: You can level once you hit the boss, going through the enemies again ends up being easy

Dark souls 1 and 2 grew in popularity too, were those released at the "perfect time"? Downplay some more.

sabastian said:

(1) Souls games sells well... more than 3 million.

About RETURNS... the same was said about Destiny and it did sold more 1 million new copies in December NPD alone... that's tell a lot, no? So forget the returns... it is so low that didn't care about.

Yes... it needs... if you die you back to the point you start... just stop to die... perfect system.

You need to kil 2 normal ememies, 1 Oger (big guy) and 3 crows to reach the boss again... you can pass for them running too without kill anybody... takes less than 30 seconds to reach this bridge boss lol.

Around the Network
HBninjaX said:
BraLoD said:
He stops after the first boss and hate it because he sucks, classic.

Pretty much this.  I like how he lists all of the hardcore games he enjoys just so we know he's not a total scrubbycakes.

Personally I think he's exaggerating.  I got to the first boss with one death and downed him on my first try.  I am not some gaming guru I just took my time and used all the tools at my disposal.  Modern games have softened people.  I can't believe how poor some of these gaming journalists are at videogames.  No wonder why they're always pushing walking simulators and depression quest style games on us.

That being said, if it truly did take him 12 hours to kill the first boss, I can imagine he wasn't joking about it being a repetitive experience for him.

SoulLurker said:
sabastian said:

-

What a ridiculous post.... You should not comment on games you know nothing about..The levels are detailed and intricately .linked, once you get to a boss, there is always a shortcut that brings you right to the boss...And then you can summon people to help, there is never a reason to be stuck for hours, or have to go through an entire area again... Facts get some.

Stapleton was raging on twitter for days, he did the same with bayonetta, he is immature and hates it when games he doesn;t like get critical acclaim. He is a senior editor at gamings biggest game site...let that sink in. HGames journalism is horrid.

The series legacy is only getting bigger, are youliving in a cave? The reviews speak for themselves. It will be the biggest selling fro software game,

You cannot summon soeone to help you until you have beaten at least 1 boss.

I own the game. I bought it day 1.

CladInShadows said:
HBninjaX said:

That being said, if it truly did take him 12 hours to kill the first boss, I can imagine he wasn't joking about it being a repetitive experience for him.

You have to be borderline handicapp to take that long to get past the cleric beast. he is very easy and basically the tutorial boss....Stapleton is an idiot, an unprofessional game journalist.

sabastian said:
SoulLurker said:
sabastian said:

-

What a ridiculous post.... You should not comment on games you know nothing about..The levels are detailed and intricately .linked, once you get to a boss, there is always a shortcut that brings you right to the boss...And then you can summon people to help, there is never a reason to be stuck for hours, or have to go through an entire area again... Facts get some.

Stapleton was raging on twitter for days, he did the same with bayonetta, he is immature and hates it when games he doesn;t like get critical acclaim. He is a senior editor at gamings biggest game site...let that sink in. HGames journalism is horrid.

The series legacy is only getting bigger, are youliving in a cave? The reviews speak for themselves. It will be the biggest selling fro software game,

You cannot summon soeone to help you until you have beaten at least 1 boss.

I own the game. I bought it day 1.

The first boss is a joke point?> everything you said is BS, you SAY you bought the game doesn;t stop one from having biases.

Burek said:

This article might as well have been written by me. Only I didn't last 12 hours, I gave up after about 5 hours of going in circles encountering the same enemies, killing the same enemies and getting killed by a variety of others.
I appreciate people who love it, I do believe it deserves every single metacritic point and every single sale, but it is way too frustrating for me, and I just didn't see the point in continuing the aggravation for 60 more hours.

I knew the game was not for me, I decided to give it a try, I really wanted to enjoy it, but in the end it got deleted and returned to a friend on Wednesday night.

Had you played any previous Souls games before?