By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN ARTICLE] HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME - (This is not the review)

Anyone else think this is a bit dickish? I mean, he knows the review is in progress and soon to be released and he knows the reviewer is enjoying the game so far. So he decides to jump in ahead of it to basically say "Hey, a good review is likely on the way, but don't really believe everything you read in it and I'll tell you why".

Real dick move to do that ahead of the reviewer, knowing full well he would likely have a positive review.

Almost comes off as him attempting to deter potential buyers, especially if you factor in his recent Twitter rants.

To be clear though, I have no issues with someone not liking a game and giving and opinion on it, but to do it during an in progress review just seems off.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

To be clear though, I have no issues with someone not liking a game and giving and opinion on it, but to do it during an in progress review just seems off.

But... IGN needs clicks while that review is being written! :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I agree with EVERY point that he has made.

- A game that is just hard for no reason will not only push away current gamer's that has played it and did not like it, but may also push them away for future releases.

- Bloodborne needs a better save system. No reason that you would have to kill 50 + enemies, open a few shortcuts, die at a boss fight 45 min later and have to repeat the entire process all over again. That's not fun by any means.

This series is cannibalizing it's own unit sales and legacy.

-

This article might as well have been written by me. Only I didn't last 12 hours, I gave up after about 5 hours of going in circles encountering the same enemies, killing the same enemies and getting killed by a variety of others.
I appreciate people who love it, I do believe it deserves every single metacritic point and every single sale, but it is way too frustrating for me, and I just didn't see the point in continuing the aggravation for 60 more hours.

I knew the game was not for me, I decided to give it a try, I really wanted to enjoy it, but in the end it got deleted and returned to a friend on Wednesday night.

sabastian said:

- A game that is just hard for no reason will not only push away current gamer's that has played it and did not like it, but may also push them away for future releases.

- Bloodborne needs a better save system. No reason that you would have to kill 50 + enemies, open a few shortcuts, die at a boss fight 45 min later and have to repeat the entire process all over again. That's not fun by any means.

-

This game will be the best selling From Software's game ever... the exactly opposite is happening... more people are playing it.

The save system is auto and works perfectly:

+ It saves any place/position you are... so if you left the game you will back to the right place.
+ If you die it back you to the last CP with all the shortcuts and items saves.

It is really the perfect save system for these types of games... you didn't loose anything every time... with the sortcuts you can back to the same place you are in matter of few minutes (you can do CP to boss in less than 1 minute).

PS. What From needs to works is in the loadtimes... wait 30 seconds give me fear.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Euphoria14 said:

But... IGN needs clicks while that review is being written! :p

I would say he succeeded lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Do they do these kind of pieces for other games, you know, MS and Nintendo ones?

Regardless, I have seen this guy pop up a few times recently on several different topics and he is a joke of a journalist. Has done nothing but go after the game on twitter, including questioning the Digital Foundry verdict. It is funny, people say it is ridiculous to suggest some sites are biased, but between this guy and Ben Kuchera, there are two vocal "journalists" at two of the major sites who clearly have a hard on for anything Xbox.

vkaraujo said:
Platina said:
So basically....

tldr: This game is too hard so I hate it.

To be fair, his complaints are reasonable. One thing is a hard puzzle or a hard boss to read/learn all the patterns, another thing is being "hard" because you are forced to repeat a lot.

I think this has something to do with the fact that i enoyed Dark souls way more than Demon souls. It felt hard without being boring or repetitive.

part of it are reasonable as a new souls players but also part of it was because he didn't know how to explore.  he complained that once he got to the boss and died, he had to fight every enemies again to get there which is not neccesary because there is a shortcout that take you to the boss in no time without fighting anyone.  You will come across some enemies but you can run through them without fighting them.  He played 12 hours and never found the shortcut, I find it in 3 to 4 hours.  he was also complaining about grinding a lot which is also part of the souls games series.  Definitely this game wasn't for him

sabastian said:

-

What a ridiculous post.... You should not comment on games you know nothing about..The levels are detailed and intricately .linked, once you get to a boss, there is always a shortcut that brings you right to the boss...And then you can summon people to help, there is never a reason to be stuck for hours, or have to go through an entire area again... Facts get some.

Stapleton was raging on twitter for days, he did the same with bayonetta, he is immature and hates it when games he doesn;t like get critical acclaim. He is a senior editor at gamings biggest game site...let that sink in. HGames journalism is horrid.

The series legacy is only getting bigger, are youliving in a cave? The reviews speak for themselves. It will be the biggest selling fro software game,

Protendo said:

IGN gets most of their revenue from Microsoft, so this isn't surprising.

How do you know this?