By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN ARTICLE] HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME - (This is not the review)

arcane_chaos said:
vkaraujo said:

So if someone never played a souls game, they are not entitled to their opinion and shouldn't play the game?

Hell, that sounds like a great way to keep the IP alive and strong!

no their entitled to thers as I'm entitled to mine

what me and other people have called him out on is he's basically complaining because he found the game to hard, most if his complaints have been around since day 1 of demon souls;

No map: just like demon souls

No sense of Direction: Just like Demon Souls

very limited checkpoints: Just like Demon souls

losing item/blood echoes upon death: just like demon souls

limited suplies: just like Demons Souls

starting from near start when you die: just like demons souls

difficult bosses: THE PINNACLE of Demon Souls and so on

yet he complains as if it the game that's at fault when it just means he's a bad player; basically he playing as if it's some hack n' slash platformer/RPG. Many people have picked up Bloodborne for the first time and have enjoyed it greatly. The fact that he went on a twitter rant beforehand and has now published this article to complain futher just cements the fact(to me) he's just fustrated at the game for no reason than it being hard for him.

as the mantra has been said: GIT GUD

demon souls/dark souls/ Dark souls 2/ and now Bloodborne had been known to punish new and seasoned players his complaints are nothing new and only serve to put this game in a bad light.

Correct and as a new player he, like many others, found the game aggrivating and not fun. Lets face it plenty of people have bought souls series games due to hype and have simply left the game unfinished because they dislike it. Not everyone likes smashing there head against a brick wall in their free time.

Around the Network
Blob said:
arcane_chaos said:

no their entitled to thers as I'm entitled to mine

what me and other people have called him out on is he's basically complaining because he found the game to hard, most if his complaints have been around since day 1 of demon souls;

No map: just like demon souls

No sense of Direction: Just like Demon Souls

very limited checkpoints: Just like Demon souls

losing item/blood echoes upon death: just like demon souls

limited suplies: just like Demons Souls

starting from near start when you die: just like demons souls

difficult bosses: THE PINNACLE of Demon Souls and so on

yet he complains as if it the game that's at fault when it just means he's a bad player; basically he playing as if it's some hack n' slash platformer/RPG. Many people have picked up Bloodborne for the first time and have enjoyed it greatly. The fact that he went on a twitter rant beforehand and has now published this article to complain futher just cements the fact(to me) he's just fustrated at the game for no reason than it being hard for him.

as the mantra has been said: GIT GUD

demon souls/dark souls/ Dark souls 2/ and now Bloodborne had been known to punish new and seasoned players his complaints are nothing new and only serve to put this game in a bad light.

Correct and as a new player he, like many others, found the game aggrivating and not fun. Lets face it plenty of people have bought souls series games due to hype and have simply left the game unfinished because they dislike it. Not everyone likes smashing there head against a brick wall in their free time.

Yes, the souls game is not for everyone(and again shows why hype-buying can be a bad idea) he can say that he didn't enjoy/dislike the game, but to go on a twitter rant and then this article to basically complain the game is not to his liking is ridiculous. Even more for himself as he's a high profile person of one of the largest gaming sites out there. he couldn't a do a little research on the 3 previos before Bloodborne? Or at least buy a guidebook?