By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN ARTICLE] HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME - (This is not the review)

Azuren said:
Clyde32 said:

Do you follow his twitter?

Irrelevant.

It's very relevant. Answer the question.

Around the Network

1: If you truly explored the game for 12 hour's before beating the boss, you would have found two Mad man's skulls (insight) during the exploration, one in the sewer, and i don't remember where i found the second one. this will help you to raise you're stats with Blood vials. 

2: There is shot-cuts in this game, which you would have found them all, in matter of least 3 hours. Now that i know where they are, i can find them and unlock them in matter of 10 min ( you can run and roll around the enemies, wherever you go ) 

3: the only thing i hate in this game, is command lag, i hit R2 and there is no damn reaction, and 3 seconds later it works, but then it's to late. That is just an error i want them to fix in a patch, which probably will be dealt with. If the game itself are sabotaging you're attacks, it's basically just mean trolling..  cause having command lags got nothing to do with being challenged, but annoyed.

Everything except that? No, no problem. People are leaving notes and stuff, and it's helpful.

I've died like around 15 times during the first hours in the game I played it carefully and was not rushing around like an impatient gamer that wanna speed run games. after a while, i learn how to avoid dying by strategizing when to attack, to time power attacks perfectly etc.. Like when you fight werewolves, try luring them to come to you, and when they charge you, push and hold the R2 button in a perfect timing, to hit them both as they get close enough, get away, and wait for their next move. if they manage to get to close, shoot them to get away, and if you got low life, so you have a chance to refill you're health.

And this is my first Software game, and this year is the first year i've played games in years, due for have being enlisted to the Navy.. Still... This guy is working on a Gaming related news site... they got a bigger reason all sort of different games,.. it's damn shame.. give me you're damn job

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

"Even as someone who had never played one of From Software’s Souls games for any significant length of time,"

stopped reading right there

Clyde32 said:
Azuren said:

Irrelevant.

It's not relevant at all to the fact that he tried to pass a review as just a personal opinion in a multiple page article.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Clyde32 said:

It's not relevant at all to the fact that he tried to pass a review as just a personal opinion in a multiple page article.

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
This article almost prevented my friend from getting the game. However now he loves it and just thinks that writer sucks HARD at the game. I mean I don't know what else could explain taking 12 hours to beat the first boss.

Some people just want to be able to hit their head against a wall over and over and succeed. If you have trouble learning from your mistakes, Bloodborne is not for you.

He never found the shortcut either.  What can you expect from a writher who is also complaining about a game not having maps?.  This game is linear with multiple path.  All you need is a little bit of memory.

arcane_chaos said:
"Even as someone who had never played one of From Software’s Souls games for any significant length of time,"

So if someone never played a souls game, they are not entitled to their opinion and shouldn't play the game?

Hell, that sounds like a great way to keep the IP alive and strong!

vkaraujo said:
arcane_chaos said:

So if someone never played a souls game, they are not entitled to their opinion and shouldn't play the game?

Hell, that sounds like a great way to keep the IP alive and strong!

no their entitled to thers as I'm entitled to mine

what me and other people have called him out on is he's basically complaining because he found the game to hard, most if his complaints have been around since day 1 of demon souls;

No map: just like demon souls

No sense of Direction: Just like Demon Souls

very limited checkpoints: Just like Demon souls

losing item/blood echoes upon death: just like demon souls

limited suplies: just like Demons Souls

starting from near start when you die: just like demons souls

difficult bosses: THE PINNACLE of Demon Souls and so on

yet he complains as if it the game that's at fault when it just means he's a bad player; basically he playing as if it's some hack n' slash platformer/RPG. Many people have picked up Bloodborne for the first time and have enjoyed it greatly. The fact that he went on a twitter rant beforehand and has now published this article to complain futher just cements the fact(to me) he's just fustrated at the game for no reason than it being hard for him.

as the mantra has been said: GIT GUD

demon souls/dark souls/ Dark souls 2/ and now Bloodborne had been known to punish new and seasoned players his complaints are nothing new and only serve to put this game in a bad light.

Admitting you suck at the game doesn't lend a ton of credibility to your piece.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

This game really isn't as hard as most websites act like it is. In fact if you stick with it the game trains you, and forces you to get good. Anyone who fails just flat out doesn't want to learn.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]