By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN ARTICLE] HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME - (This is not the review)

Have I fallen into a beneficial glitch or something, because my blood vials replenish upon death but I've seen a lot of people complain about having to grind them out, which even that seems odd to me as I tend to trip over enemy dropped vials as I make my way through the game. My storage container is hemorrhaging blood vials right now. Bullets, on the other hand, are a bit harder to come by and the amount that will replenish upon a death seems to be random at times.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
PotentHerbs said:
The rookie wasn't ready! Quit after the Cleric Beast?! He didn't even use the shortcut to get there after he died..did he find it at least.. in 12 hours?

Unfortunately he did not, and when someone brought it up to him he once again said he must have missed it due to poor game design.

The guy is a joke and so is this article.

Disgraceful!

I get that he doesn't like the repetitive parts which can be annoying for some people (not for me, I like this since I like the feeling to get better and better in the same areas) but complaining that the game doesn't tell you which is the shortest way or to tell you where you have been makes me wonder what's going on with him. How is it hard to find a short way to the first boss and how is it hard to remember if you have seen an area already? If he has so big issues with this he should maybe think about if he is the problem and not the game since I guess that this isn't a big problem for 99% of the other players.

But reading at least the first 20 posts does give me also headaches, he explained very well what his problems with the game are, how people come to the conclusion that he doesn't like it simply because of the difficulty or how he doesn't like it because MS pays IGN more money is beyond me^^ his reasons to dislike the game are totally logical for his situation even if he doesn't have problems with games where you die 5 million times in general  but he should just accept that there are games which are made for a different audience as he represents and shouldn't ask for something they don't implement on purpose. 

Clyde32 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Just saw who wrote the article ( dan stapleton )and didnt even read the first line but i saw there " i suck at bloodborn ".

If sites wrote articles for every game a dude that works there does not enjoy a game they would spend 90 % of their time and resourses doing these.

It's just an opinion piece by the editor.

It actually seems more like a retort to the positive review for Bloodborne. IGN already have an official review on the game, which is pretty much their opinion. This editor jumped in after the fact with his two cents in what feels like an effort to deflate some of the hype and excitement for the game. He didn't like the game because it was designed to be difficult and challenging... Which happens to be its selling point. You don't get a frat boy to review Breath of Fire, you don't get a nerd to review Madden, and you don't get a casual to review a Souls game.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Clyde32 said:

It's just an opinion piece by the editor.

It actually seems more like a retort to the positive review for Bloodborne. IGN already have an official review on the game, which is pretty much their opinion. This editor jumped in after the fact with his two cents in what feels like an effort to deflate some of the hype and excitement for the game. He didn't like the game because it was designed to be difficult and challenging... Which happens to be its selling point. You don't get a frat boy to review Breath of Fire, you don't get a nerd to review Madden, and you don't get a casual to review a Souls game.

Or you know, it's just his opinion.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
I will say that "Blood Vials" sound like a pretty huge step back from the Estus Flasks. I don't understand how From Soft thought these were in any way superior, and if anyone understands the logic behind this change, I would love to hear it.

They are just as good...... very easy to farm as well

Clyde32 said:
Azuren said:

An opinion is for Twitter. What he posted was a counter review, and I'm surprised he's not getting in trouble for it.

well he is just a casual gamer after all, to bad his opinion is not worth a click, thanks for OP bringing this to the forum so we will not click IGN for this

Azuren said:
Clyde32 said:

An opinion is for Twitter. What he posted was a counter review, and I'm surprised he's not getting in trouble for it.

Do you follow his twitter?

Clyde32 said:
Azuren said:

Do you follow his twitter?

Irrelevant.