By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction - None of Sony and MS's main AAA established franchises will score 90+ this gen

MS:

Halo: 343i are a very capable studio, but they are no Bungie. Also, long running series, franchise fatigue, meta already on downwards trajectory, last meta 87

Gears: Will be made by a new studio, and again, meta already creeping down throughout main series (94-93-91)

Forza: Think this is the most likely series to spoil my prediction, but again would not be surprised if it was in the mid to high 80s instead of 90s this gen

Sony:

Uncharted: Last game receieved 92 metacritic, but I don't think more open levels, and better animations and A.I will be enough to stop this entry from falling below 90. Reviewers will be much less impressed by the series' trademark spectacle and set pieces. And from what we are hearing, this will be the last in the series, which increases the odds the franchise won't see another 90+ score.

God of War: Meta score creeping down (94-93-92) for main series. Time period would definitely have to change in my opinion for game to possibly see another 90+ score. Otherwise it just won't be fresh enough.

Gran Turismo: Last two entries have been mid and low 80s. Nothing would suggest an upward trend at this stage, given how far apart releases are and how slow the series has been to react to changing expectations.

Realise this isn't that bold a prediction, but interested to hear what others think. The reasons above and the generally harsher reviews games deemed similar to last gen offerings have been receiving makes me think there is a good chance this prediction may turn out correct.

Around the Network

I think Uncharted 4 will. ND would have to really screw that one up for it not to.

I don't see Uncharted 4 being below 90.. ESPECIALLY seeing as it's been delayed and Naughty Dog's most recent game is the most awarded game in history if anything Naughty Dog are getting better.

And I know Uncharted and TLOU are different but the same directors are working on the Uncharted game. But I will be sure to bump this next spring.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Worst prediction this gen.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

It may very well be, especially with the genral trend of harsher reviews this gen. The one that I see as most likely to break your prediction is UC4 though.

On a completely unrelated note, I expect the entries in these main franchises to be of just as high quality as the previous, so meta isn't too important here. The games will deffinitely be good, a 85 meta or a 95 meta doesn't really change that.

Around the Network

I think Uncharted 4, if it truly concludes the series and that's what they wanted from the start and all the epicness that would bring, could be 95 or so tbh. Also those improvements are only what we've seen so far from a 15 minute demo over a year before release. They will have more than that I can almost guarantee.

GoW I think will switch settings (why they're not doing a complete collection but rather showing the conclusion of his tale) and bring next gen hack n' slash to a new protagonist resulting in at least holding steady with those epic set-pieces (especially if they go norse which just fits the series great).

I am Iron Man

Ka-pi96 said:
The Last of Us 2 will.

I agree with this.

Baryonyx said:

Worst prediction this gen.

Damn, that's harsh  

I should just say this is a prediction I hope ends up being wrong

For a second I was confused as to why Nintendo was left out of this prediction but then I realized it's too late for that.

Anyways, I don't think this will come true. I'm sure at least Uncharted 4 will get a 90+.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Halo 5 Guardians because 343 is better then Bungie.