By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction - None of Sony and MS's main AAA established franchises will score 90+ this gen

Baryonyx said:

Worst prediction this gen.

You sir just read my mind.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

The next God of War and Uncharted definitely will. I think the next Gran Turismo will be a vast improvement over past games, PD has it in them to bring the series back to it's former greatness.
Media Molecule has been on their game with LBP 1 & 2, I think Tearaway Unfolded could score higher than a 90 on Metacritic.

I think we'll see a bunch of established franchises getting new 8th gen exclusives that score higher than even a 91 and there will be a bunch of new IPs that score over a 90.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Materia-Blade said:

Regarding TRUE scores, that's correct.

What does that even mean?

That's the same thing I asked lol!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

To be honest, it's likely that all, if not at least 4 or 5, of these games will ruin your prediction. Some series are the beloved ones of most critics and you just posted them. Shiny new 8th gen graphics will just make their metas higher.

The biggest flaw with your reasoning is assuming that just because they are similar, critics will be harsh. It's only a trend with new IPs deemed similar to older IPs or with franchises that the critics don't usually like. Bloodborne is basically DS and critics loved it. Mario, MK and SSB are more of the same and critics loved it. In a similar way, most of these franchises will simply be more of the same but critics will love them.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Materia-Blade said:

Regarding TRUE scores, that's correct.

Well now I am curious...what are "TRUE" scores?

Scores that weren't bought/ made by the company that developed the game..

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Well now I am curious...what are "TRUE" scores?

Okay so which scores are thoose?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Materia-Blade said:

Well you know the scores Nintendo bought like....anything besides mario galaxy 2. That was a positive 94. Every other Nintendo game should be handeld like this: Meta-15= True score

Disclaimer: Obviously I´m not seriously thinking this way. Are most Nintendo games overrated in my opinion? Yeas by roughly "5 points". However I acknowledge their value or lack thereof. Example: Do I want XBCX? Yes! Would I trade it for FF XV? Hell NO! Why? Cause I love FF and XV friggin rocks!!!!

EDIT: ok I´m drunk... handeld should probably be written differently but right now I have no idea how ....

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
TheBlackNaruto said:
Materia-Blade said:

I think it's pretty clear. scores that weren't bought into being high or published by the first party companies.

Nuvendil said:
HollyGamer said:
But then again, Sony world wide studio will invent something new for this generation, like they did with previous generation, they will create another legendary games, their philosophy is always trying something new. That what i like from PS exclusivity.

I find it funny that most people give Sony credit for inventing new franchises every gen but not Nintendo xD.

Every gen they create multiple new IPs and at least one always becomes a franchise.  SNES had F-Zero, Mario Kart, and Star Fox; N64 had Smash; GameCube had Pikmin; Wii had the Wii/Mii-based games obviously but also Xenoblade.  But this is all quite off topic.  Also not implying you think this way, just something your post made me think of :P 

Hey! because i am talking PlayStation here, I am not mentioning Nintendo what so ever, i am just say PS brand never depend so much on one IP every generation, maybe their ip not as big Nintendo but they have invent a lot of new ip and experimented more then other competitor, they strength is more of new IP (variation)+steady 3rd party support  + PlayStation brand,  unlike Nintendo who depend on their old famous IP but lack of Nintendo brand and mainstream 3rd party support. Nintendo also made a lot of new games and also good one, but it seems their best  games always the old famous one like, Mario, Zelda , Pokemon, Starfox, Metroid, FZERO. 

Mr.Playstation said:
Ka-pi96 said:
The Last of Us 2 will.

Agreed

There is no chance this will happen.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch