By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo Annouce A New Console?

More like they announced that they will announce a new console next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Playstation_prophet said:

I was planning on buying a WiiU down the road and now I might wait. I sure hope online and ALL multiplat are on board.

I mean at least wait for it to be under $200.

It'll most likely come out in 2017 though!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

if it is announced for a new console next year. then it is most likely to have a launch date of holiday 2017. after Zelda U at the end of the year, i don't see any big IP coming to the Wii U. unless they unveil a Super Mario Galaxy 3 or something to that extent.

Jumpin said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
oh and i forgot. There's a damned good chance the nx is a handheld.

That would be dumb on N8intendo's part. Nintendo needs something to replace the Wii U, not the 3DS.

you release a product when it's ready.  Rushing a pile of crap to market is how you ensure failure.  Nintendo knows this better than most.  Not to mention it would spurn wii u owners.

Around the Network

Thanks, guys! I'm more confused than before I posted this topic.

With XCX, Zelda U , Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 , DK TF and MK8.......there is absolutly no point waiting at least 2+ years for the NX't console, which would probabbly be the 3DS successor anyway.

So I recommend getting an Wii U and a X1 later on. (or PS4 if you reaallllly want for some little reason.)

at this point you might as well wait for the price drop which will probably happen for the holiday. If you only want really want Zelda might as well just wiat for that. I still think it will be that fusion thing anyway, just like how the gamepad rumor turned out to be true it has been going on too long for me to think its a normal handheld.

Skullwaker said:
The NX likely won't be released for a good while, and we don't even know if it's a console yet.

I think they made a mistake, a serious one. I believe NX is the 3DS sucessor. But several sites are reporting that it is the Wii U's sucessor and that the U is being abandoned, something I don't believe. But a lot of people will and won't buy a console that can lose support in 1 or 2 years. They should clear this thing up and avoid this issue.

All we have is a codename: NX. It's going to be a while before it's released.