By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo Annouce A New Console?

CarcharodonKraz said:
oh and i forgot. There's a damned good chance the nx is a handheld.

That would be dumb on N8intendo's part. Nintendo needs something to replace the Wii U, not the 3DS.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

just buy a wiiu, the new console wont be compatible anyways duetto it having x86. i am 93% sure it will

Ruler said:

just buy a wiiu, the new console wont be compatible anyways duetto it having x86. i am 93% sure it will

If they plan on third party support it better have...

So you're going to wait 2 years before the next console comes along?

The only reason Nintendo spoke about NX was to stop the press doom mongering about Nintendo becoming mobile only, and reassure fans that they are still heavily focused on dedicated gaming devices. Problem is the press are now doom mongering Nintendo replacing the Wii U since they spoke about NX. Nintendo doomed if you do and doomed if you don't.

Around the Network

They announced something. No one knows what, because Iwata makes very little sense when he talks.

Playstation_prophet said:

I was planning on buying a WiiU down the road and now I might wait. I sure hope online and ALL multiplat are on board.

chances are its a handheld though, so do out and buy that wii U :)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

The Nintendo NX is just like the Nintendo Revolution, or the Nintendo Dolphin, or the Project Cafe; merely working titles for a console still in development with its release date years away.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Nintendo NX will probably be formally announced in 2016 with a 2017 release.

Wait for a price cut and do some research on the games you want. If it convinces you, go for it. NX will release most likely until holiday 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile