By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo Annouce A New Console?

torok said:
oniyide said:

who is actually reporting that? or are people coming to their own conclusions.

People are coming with their own conclusions and some websites reported it as the Wii U's sucessor (http://heavy.com/games/2015/03/nintendo-nx-details-news-about-wii-u-successor/). Nintendo should clarify this before people start to wait for a sucessor instead of buying Wii Us.

It's a rumour. But any rumour will spread and eventually be considered true unless someone proves it as fake.

well what are people supposed think? Ninty isnt confirming or denying anything so people are gonna assume whatever. They are releasing new hardware, that is not a rumour. What that hardware is nobody knows. If it is the successor to Wii U that would explain why they are staying shut, they would never admit otherwise that would be dumb. If it isnt then they not saying nothing is not helping them. IMHO i think its that fusion thing we've been hearing so much about.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

well what are people supposed think? Ninty isnt confirming or denying anything so people are gonna assume whatever. They are releasing new hardware, that is not a rumour. What that hardware is nobody knows. If it is the successor to Wii U that would explain why they are staying shut, they would never admit otherwise that would be dumb. If it isnt then they not saying nothing is not helping them. IMHO i think its that fusion thing we've been hearing so much about.

The problem with the Fusion concept is that it would be indeed, a Wii U sucessor. If it's that or really a home console, then it explains why they are quiet. But letting people buy uninformed a console that's new but will be abandoned in 1 year will piss a lot of people, just like Sega CD and 32X pissed everyone when Saturn released.

Playstation_prophet said:

I was planning on buying a WiiU down the road and now I might wait. I sure hope online and ALL multiplat are on board.

That's not going to change overnight. Btw NX will almost surely be a portable system.

torok said:
oniyide said:

The problem with the Fusion concept is that it would be indeed, a Wii U sucessor. If it's that or really a home console, then it explains why they are quiet. But letting people buy uninformed a console that's new but will be abandoned in 1 year will piss a lot of people, just like Sega CD and 32X pissed everyone when Saturn released.

I dont see the problem wiht that, If that what it will be then thats what it will be. You said it yourself its why they are staying quiet. Of course they are going t let people buy it, it would be crazy to to say anything now and let no one buy your WIi U product, sure it might not be right, but buisness wise its smart. IMHO the system has sold under 10mil thats not really pissing off a lot of people not in the grand scheme of things.

torok said:
oniyide said:

People need to grow up honestly, the days where the industry is 9-10 year olds and the only way to get a new console meant having it as a Christmas gift are long since over. 

I mean heck even in the 80s, most people only got their NES in 1988 or 1989, meaning Nintendo replaced that system after 2-3 years for most people by launching the Super NES in 1991. The NES was nothing in 85/86, it wasn't even widely carried by most big chain retailers until '87 at the earliest. 

The Sega CD and 32X are completely different stories, the Sega CD had little software support and was very expensive. At $300 ($474 in today's dollars) in 1992 it cost like double the price of the Genesis itself. The 32X was supported for like 3 months and then Sega released the Saturn seven months later (lol) in the US. 

The Wii U is more like the XBox 1 which run from 2001-2005, no one complains about that.