By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo Annouce A New Console?

They better not have, because you would hope it would've been communicated much better if true. Just the fact that someone interested in games has to ask if a new console has been announced or not would be bad.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network
torok said:
Skullwaker said:
The NX likely won't be released for a good while, and we don't even know if it's a console yet.

I think they made a mistake, a serious one. I believe NX is the 3DS sucessor. But several sites are reporting that it is the Wii U's sucessor and that the U is being abandoned, something I don't believe. But a lot of people will and won't buy a console that can lose support in 1 or 2 years. They should clear this thing up and avoid this issue.

who is actually reporting that? or are people coming to their own conclusions.

Also common sense has to be used. Ninty would never outright admit that they are about to pull the plug on any of there systems especially when the one they are working on isnt anywhere near release.

they just talked about it for no one thinks they are leaving hardware business.

Playstation_prophet said:

I was planning on buying a WiiU down the road and now I might wait. I sure hope online and ALL multiplat are on board.

No offense, but I'm not really sure why these types of threads keep popping up.

If you want to buy a Wii U, I'd highly suggest buying one. It has a wealth of great games, in spite of that sub-par third party support, with more on the way.

Nintendo, just as with Sony and Microsoft, are ALWAYS, always developing their next system. That is a given. It's not news, and it's not a surprise. Don't expect Nintendo's next home console to be out until 2017, as I've continued saying in all these threads. They will likely unveil it next year, but it won't come OUT next year. I very, very highly doubt it. It will be a 2017 launch, I feel fairly certain, so you've got more than enough time.

In the meantime, you've got: NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Zombi U, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, WWHD, MH3 Ultimate, Lego City, SSB "Wii U", Hyrule Warriors, and near/future releases like Devil's Third, Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Star Fox, Zelda U, SMT x FE, etc. to look forward to. And that's not to mention all the great VC and eShop indie games (many of which are only available on Wii U).

Around the Network

I justed wanted a Wii U.

oniyide said:

who is actually reporting that? or are people coming to their own conclusions.

People are coming with their own conclusions and some websites reported it as the Wii U's sucessor (http://heavy.com/games/2015/03/nintendo-nx-details-news-about-wii-u-successor/). Nintendo should clarify this before people start to wait for a sucessor instead of buying Wii Us.

It's a rumour. But any rumour will spread and eventually be considered true unless someone proves it as fake.

Jumpin said:

That would be dumb on N8intendo's part. Nintendo needs something to replace the Wii U, not the 3DS.

Let's see:

- Nintendo releases a Wii U sucessor, slight more powerful than PS4/X1. It's 2016, so PS4 and X1 have massive libraries and blockbusters are getting price cuts and have probably almost 100M combined user base.

- Noboby buys the NX because it doesn't offer a sizeable upgrade compared to cheaper machines that had almost 3 years to build a library.

- 2 or 3 years later, NX didn't set the world on fire and we got PS5 and X2 with a sizeable upgrade and NX now looks old and dated.

- Nintendo Dreamcasts themselves!

It's a 3DS sucessor for 2016 (on par with their handheld lifecycle) or a separate console (QoL? Fusion?).

Playstation_prophet said:

I was planning on buying a WiiU down the road and now I might wait. I sure hope online and ALL multiplat are on board.

No one knows when it will launch but I would be SHOCKED if it comes out before fall 2017. Nintendo will NOT break the standard 5 year cycle. 

bet will be 2017 or even 2018 since iwata should have learned by now that releasing a console without the appropiate launch titles and a good marketing support is an overkill, not to mention that according to betsheda nintendo approached them very late in the console development period and they didnt exactly approached to listen to their demands which creates insecurity and with this experience iwata should know by now another reason why third parties skip their console

plus, the new console should be attractive to the general public like the wii was, the wii u gamepad just doesnt appeal to the eye of common people and even if offers better experience it wont matter as long as people dont get the idea behind this new periferic

in short, nintendo cannot release their new console to soon as they risk to fail again if they are not prepared, not to mention that if the current generation is still strong then the new console will have low chances to become a suceesss, is not good idea to force a new generation, nintendo must wait until the current one starts to sow down and people get tired of it