By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadly, I'm Just Not Sure Nintendo Can Impress Me Anymore

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

I was a little bit like this with Sony.

Loved the PS1 to bits, fell out of love with the comparatively soulless and bland PS2, was briefly interested again by the PS3, only to be disenchanted once more by PS4.

The PS4 is a great system you should give it a try

What would I play on it? I'm gonna be harshly honest, all looks like the same vapid AAA blockbusters I got tired of in 2011.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

The PS4 is a great system you should give it a try

What would I play on it? I'm gonna be harshly honest, all looks like the same vapid AAA blockbusters I got tired of in 2011.

Bloodborne, Alien Isolations, Evil Within, PT, Bladestorm

These are the different games who are underrated

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

Bloodborne, Alien Isolations, Evil Within, PT, Bladestorm

These are the different games who are underrated

I did really like Alien Isolation, I enjoyed its atmosphere and suspense, plus as an Alien fan it resonated with me. I consider it one of the better games of 2014, and certainly one of the most underrated. But I played it on my Xbox 360.

Evil Within and Bloodborne don't really look like my cup of tea.

I've actually never heard of Bladestorm, I'll look into it, thanks.

Its kinda funny because I feel the same way about the PlayStation brand. I mean really if it wasn't for the 3rd party games I don't think I'd ever be interested in a Sony game after the ps1. Gran Turismo 2 and Legend of Dragoon are still among my favorite games that Sony has made.

you lost your soul ... thats the only explanation.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

If nintendo can't impress (in a good or bad way) you even with all the things they have done with their consoles and games, then gaming in general should be nothing impressive for you

We reap what we sow

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

"Maybe it has been too long since Nintendo has grabbed me. Maybe I'm too old. Maybe when I look at Nintendo games today, I wonder why I'd bother when I have...you know, grown-up games I have to catch up on."

No more needs to be said.

Agreed. This tells us everything we need to know about the author.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Just sack Aonuma and I'll be impressed.

Kyuu said:
I'd argue game diversity gap between PS1 and N64 is greater than that between PS2 and GC. Did the N64 even have a single RPG?

Quest 64!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

bunchanumbers said:
Its kinda funny because I feel the same way about the PlayStation brand. I mean really if it wasn't for the 3rd party games I don't think I'd ever be interested in a Sony game after the ps1. Gran Turismo 2 and Legend of Dragoon are still among my favorite games that Sony has made.

Really? have you tried games like Ico, shadow of the colossus or the last of us?