By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

Captain_Tom said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I hate this conference but thats the only part I like about it

Le sigh! I am gonna cry as I play Nintendo IPs on my Galaxy s4

Yeah that would suck to play Nintendo games from a device with a far nicer screen, battery life, sound, and a dedicated controller.  How terrible /s

Galaxy S4 has  adedicated controller? I'm goona buy on right now!

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
I'm just hoping to see a prototype controller. I doubt we'll be seeing a full spec sheet until years later. Either way it needs to be a little future proof. As much as I love Wii U the perception about its lack of power really hurt it.

A foreshadowing :p

honetsly though I don't know why they'd make the pokken controller so damn big/wide if nothing else was planned to fit on it?

I was a bit worried, then I realized this is more than likely Nintendo's next handheld since the 3DS came out in 2011, 2017 would be a fair time to launch it. All hail the HDS.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

C'mon E3.

Aside from this membership crap. You can leave that at the door.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

the_dengle said:
IamAwsome said:

N Cross? This definitely sounds like a Fusion machine.

What else could the 'X' mean? It's not a Roman Numeral, as this could in no way be considered their tenth platform of any kind.

Again, this line strikes me as the most important part here: "a new multi-device membership service." Membership does not imply a fee. This could be -- and I think it probably is -- the Club Nintendo replacement. It will unite all devices supported with Nintendo software -- 3DS, Wii U, "NX", and Mobage (the platform owned by DeNA). Pure speculation of course, but I think this could be the meaning of the "X." That the NX is somehow the bridge between these platforms.

Very interesting indeed! It does seem like this will be a Fusion-like console, and that it willshare certain features/games with quite a few other platforms. I agree that this could be the replacement for Club Nintendo where you can register your games, share things like on Miiverse and play on several systems. If done right, this COULD be awesome. Im just worried about the quality of ther future mobile games...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Two 100+ post threads for curl-6 in one night.

Dem VGC points, straight into my veins... :p

And to think earlier today I was bemoaning what a slow news day it was, since I was stuck at home sick...

Thanks for editing the title whoever did that, I was carried away and the swearing wasn't needed.

I think theyll announce and release the NXDS first followed by the home console version a year later. Handheld NX announced in 2016, released Spring or Holiday 2017, home console NX annonced in 2017 and released Holiday 2017, or Spring or Holiday 2018

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

etking said:
Nintendo Fusion is coming, all the details were leaked long ago:
http://vr-zone.com/articles/rumor-nintendo-fusion-nintendos-next-gen-hardware-solution/70439.html

Lol, how much would that thing even cost?

Nem said:
We dont know what that is. The title is jumping the gun. Can just be one of their QoL products, and likely is.

Haven't they previously stated that the QoL branch will be a separate thing from gaming platforms?

I said it!!! Next Nintendo home console will come holidays 2016!!!