By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

A 2016 release for Nintendo's new console is all but confirmed now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Well its not. They are revealing it next year sure but that doesnt garentee a release. WiiU was at 2 E3s before it finally released

ktay95 said:
Jumpin said:

Well its not. They are revealing it next year sure but that doesnt garentee a release. WiiU was at 2 E3s before it finally released

I'm sure the next system will be announced in the E3 of this year. It will probably be released i Christmas of 2016, but we'll hear about it this year.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
ktay95 said:
Jumpin said:

I'm sure the next system will be announced in the E3 of this year. It will probably be released i Christmas of 2016, but we'll hear about it this year.

lol they just said in the press release that they will talk more about NX next year. Why do people keep saying it'll be revealed at this year's E3?

I'm leaning towards a 2017 console launch. It would give Nintendo fans time to say goodbye to their console and hopefully give Nintendo time to make sure that their console specs are top notch before launch. I hope Nintendo realizes that power is a factor in a console purchase now.

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Darwinianevolution said:
ktay95 said:
Jumpin said:

lol they just said in the press release that they will talk more about NX next year. Why do people keep saying it'll be revealed at this year's E3?

Let me dream, dammit.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
Only a year after the New 3DS? That seems.... odd.

1: Won't be the first time they release a place holder handheld or release a new one while the existing one is still doing well (DS).

2: It might not be a new handheld, but rather the successor to the Wii U, which I have maintained will likely show up in late 2016 unless something drastic happens (hint: something drastic has not happened).

3: Something pertaining to their recent announcement that they'll be making mobile games (*shudder*), they're possibly showing a mobile/smart device of their own, which would be a horrible idea to go up against Apple, Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei, Nokia and the others on home turf.

4: Could be something I have no clue about as well...

Awesome! The code name alone gives me hope, it harkens back to N64 naming philosophy- Nintendo abreviated to "N" because they're cool :p and a figure correlating to or implying power.

Hopefully its not just their quality of life stuff.

NX sounds like a phone btw :p

ktay95 said:
Jumpin said:

The "Revolution" was announced in September 2005, unveiled with the name of Wii April 2006, and released a few months later November 2006.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Holy shit.

EDIT: FUCKING BAM, THOUGH!!! Too early, my ass!