By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

I was not expecting this at all, which is funny because I just bought my Wii U, lmao. Thank God it's far from done, I'm still waiting for those countless games Iwata said they have yet to announce.

Anyway, I really like the N Cross theory, sounds like Nintendo could potentially break new grounds next generation. Exciting times are upon us.

Around the Network

We dont know what that is. The title is jumping the gun. Can just be one of their QoL products, and likely is.

This has more to do with software than hardware. While we're all giddy for a new Nintendo console some day, that conference was merely linking how games, miiverse, etc will be incorporated in the future.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Captain_Yuri said:
I hate this conference but thats the only part I like about it

Le sigh! I am gonna cry as I play Nintendo IPs on my Galaxy s4

Yeah that would suck to play Nintendo games from a device with a far nicer screen, battery life, sound, and a dedicated controller.  How terrible /s

i agree nx is the nintendo fusion. the thing nintendo doesnt understand its the types of games that r being produced and not the quantity.

Around the Network

I'm just hoping to see a prototype controller. I doubt we'll be seeing a full spec sheet until years later. Either way it needs to be a little future proof. As much as I love Wii U the perception about its lack of power really hurt it.

Not liking the sound of it...

Nem said:
We dont know what that is. The title is jumping the gun. Can just be one of their QoL products, and likely is.

No they specifically stated it is a dedicated video games platform.

bunchanumbers said:
I'm just hoping to see a prototype controller. I doubt we'll be seeing a full spec sheet until years later. Either way it needs to be a little future proof. As much as I love Wii U the perception about its lack of power really hurt it.

I'm just hoping they will make a GameCube controller as a secondary option. Just look at this, this should have happened already.

Also, PC compatibility would be nice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I think people are going to read too much into the codename NX ;Nintendo Cross Platform..I think its the 3DS's successor....NX is just the name they pickd doesnt have to be the fusion people think ....I dont think they are doing a fusion thing anyway but we will see