By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

curl-6 said:

Next year at least means they won't be backstabbing New 3DS buyers...

N3DS is the same as DSi, it's not really the next system, it's just an upgraded version of the 3DS.   When Samsung/Apple release a new phone every year, that's not considered backstabbing, so I don't know why this would be considered backstabbing.

The N3DS has only 1 announced game that is exclusive to it (and it's not even out with the launch of the system), the DSi also had some exclusive games and that was always viewed as just a newer model/remodel of the DS.  That's just what the N3DS is, it's not really Nintendo's next handheld.

I have a feeling Nintendo is just combining the handheld and console market, and letting the mobile be it's own thing that the NX can feed off of through apps connected to NX games and Virtual Console.

Around the Network
SJReiter said:

I mean, it's not THAT soon. They announce it in 2016, it releaes in 2017. If its a 3DS successor, that's 6 years, if it's a Wii U successor, that's 5 years. Shorter than last gen, sure, but it's not a crazy short amount of time. 

No reason it can't be released in 2016.

BraLoD said:
It's probably their QoL isn't it?

It's not. They literally called it their next generation dedicated gaming device.

Honestly, I'm only surprised that they announced it this early. I didn't expect an announcement like this until next year.

My prediction
This years e3; Nintendo announces QoL and releases it 2015/2016
Next year theyll announce the next HH and release it in 2016/2017
Finally revealing their next home console in 2017 for a release in 2017/2018
The handheld and home consoles have cross buy and you can play all Nintendo games on either of them. Theyll also tie in with their new Nintendo service that replaces Club Nintendo so that you can access certain features on ALL your digital devices (phone, console, pc etc)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I hope the new concept doesn't have to do with motion...no more motion control or gyroscopes. Maybe it'll have to do with Virtual Reality with holograms or something, who knows...just sayin' stuff right now.

Ljink96 said:
I hope the new concept doesn't have to do with motion...no more motion control or gyroscopes. Maybe it'll have to do with Virtual Reality with holograms or something, who knows...just sayin' stuff right now.

Nope it will be about using your phone as a controller =P

I`m really surprised with all of these news, to be honest.
I was expecting to be treated with the announcement of a new ND and instead i got this.

Given the context in which the reference appeared, this most likely relates to either a home console or handheld and not QoL or
There were a few things on Iwata's line that i feel are important to take notice of..
First is this one:
"Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept"
Brand-new concept could mean that it's a new controller or some kind of HW thingie. But if you ask me there's a really good chance that this is more than that.
I'm not sure that it's the Fusion strategy as a i have a feeling there could be something more to it.

"we hope to share more information with you next year"
"We hope" is very different from "we will".
I think that if they had in mind to release it next year, the wording would have been different.
So, either they aren't ready to release the console next year or they will do like they always do and release a year after they show it. Which to me is no longer a good strategy. Sony and MS revealed and released their consoles in the same year and because of that they hype never died.

ktay95 said:
Ljink96 said:

Nope it will be about using your phone as a controller =P

Don't even joke about that...if that happens I blame you.

I'm excited about what it might be and on the other hand it makes me hesitant about buying a Wii U this year. I mean, what if it actually is a new home console? If I was Nintendo I'd consider releasing a new Fusion type console with ports of major Wii U games available from day 1. I know I'd buy a Nintendo console more powerful than the PS4 and with all these games.

Whatever it is, I hope it forces a price drop on the N3DS later this year. I want to buy one, but can't justify the price when I compare the specs, price and price of games to those of Vita.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.