By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

Captain_Tom said:
EricFabian said:

Galaxy S4 has a dedicated controller? I'm goona buy on right now!

It's called a dualshock 4 via Bluetooth.  ALL tablets have this.

so it don't have a dedicate controller, because as far as I know, dualshock 4 was not made for Galaxy and tablets

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Captain_Tom said:

NX is coming out next year.  No doubt about it.  They're latest attempt failed misserably and they need to respawn as soon as possible.  Heck I think AMD even said they are already done designing a console that is launching next year...

I imagen the NX will be BOTH a handheld and a home console; they will have certain shared features and compatabilities, maybe even some games. Releasing a new home console next year would mean that PS5 and XB2 would be severaly mpre powerful than Nintendos next effort. And we all saw how bad that went down this gen. 

AMD's 2016 APU's look to perform about as well or better than a PS4 while only consuming 15 watts.  They could make it so it consumes 5w and works as a handheld while mobile, and then when you plug it into a wall all of your games go from 30 FPS to 60 FPS and at 1080p instead of 720p or something.  That would be sweet...

Burek said:
This is an announcement that needed to be made, to lower the impact of people announcing Nintendo leaving hardware business.
Probably announced next year for 2017 launch.

LOL! That's funny. Rather ridiculous. With games and consoles being their main pillar of the business, and it's still entirely profitable for them, it would make no sense for them to leave the hardware business. It's just absurd. 

This is likely either dealing with their QOL platform, or a separte smart phone venture. Possibly both since they might go hand in hand. It's not like Nintendo is a sinking ship or anything like that, they are still profiting quite well from their softwear and hardware, but it would be unwise of them to no look into different expanding markets in order to stay relevant. 

Every venture is risky. They would be mental to try a new direction for a new division of their company without supporting their foundation (games and consoles). That would be a move that could destroy Nintendo as a business in one fell swoop, even with the massive amounts of money they have in the bank. 

What you are suggesting, would be like Star Bucks dropping coffee to bring in more pastries and start selling insurance (or something else very different from coffee). 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

DanneSandin said:
Captain_Tom said:

NX is coming out next year.  No doubt about it.  They're latest attempt failed misserably and they need to respawn as soon as possible.  Heck I think AMD even said they are already done designing a console that is launching next year...

I imagen the NX will be BOTH a handheld and a home console; they will have certain shared features and compatabilities, maybe even some games. Releasing a new home console next year would mean that PS5 and XB2 would be severaly mpre powerful than Nintendos next effort. And we all saw how bad that went down this gen. 

Nintendo has no reason to care any more. Any chance they had of getting third party multiplats died when third parties gave up on Wii U even before they dropped PS3 and 360. Nintendo will get whatever exclusives they can rope in and whatever they can produce by themselves from this point forward.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Dusk said:
Burek said:
This is an announcement that needed to be made, to lower the impact of people announcing Nintendo leaving hardware business.
Probably announced next year for 2017 launch.

LOL! That's funny. Rather ridiculous. With games and consoles being their main pillar of the business, and it's still entirely profitable for them, it would make no sense for them to leave the hardware business. It's just absurd. 

This is likely either dealing with their QOL platform, or a separte smart phone venture. Possibly both since they might go hand in hand. It's not like Nintendo is a sinking ship or anything like that, they are still profiting quite well from their softwear and hardware, but it would be unwise of them to no look into different expanding markets in order to stay relevant. 

Every venture is risky. They would be mental to try a new direction for a new division of their company without supporting their foundation (games and consoles). That would be a move that could destroy Nintendo as a business in one fell swoop, even with the massive amounts of money they have in the bank. 

What you are suggesting, would be like Star Bucks dropping coffee to bring in more pastries and start selling insurance (or something else very different from coffee). 

It's not funny, it's just that you haven't been paying attention.

Iwata specifically said that a new "dedicated gaming platform is in the works, and it's codename is NX". Also, during the Q&A he repeated that even though NX has nothing to do with today's mobile-centric presser, they wanted to mention it to squash.the rumours of dropping hardware.

I was just writing what made logical sense, and it is 100% correct.

Around the Network

hmm i'm going to wait and see this time around instead of being an early adopter like i was with the Wii U

I honestly believed the wii u would be a hit right out of the gates.

Those saying NX is a sure fire 2016 launch forget that grumblings about Wii U started before it's 2011 prototype reveal. Which was followed by a 2012 finalized Reveal and holiday launch. Wii, same thing: teased in 2004, prototype reveal 2005, full reveal 2006 and launch in holiday 2006. This casual reference was for one reason: nip the rumors of hardware abandonment in the bud. Iwata even pointed this out multiple times.

Captain_Tom said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I hate this conference but thats the only part I like about it

Le sigh! I am gonna cry as I play Nintendo IPs on my Galaxy s4

Yeah that would suck to play Nintendo games from a device with a far nicer screen, battery life, sound, and a dedicated controller.  How terrible /s

Yea cause touchscreens give such wonderful game experiences /s

Oh and they won't be relying on people to have a game controller cause most people wont have one so all of them will be touchscreen optomized

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nuvendil said:

Those saying NX is a sure fire 2016 launch forget that grumblings about Wii U started before it's 2011 prototype reveal. Which was followed by a 2012 finalized Reveal and holiday launch. Wii, same thing: teased in 2004, prototype reveal 2005, full reveal 2006 and launch in holiday 2006. This casual reference was for one reason: nip the rumors of hardware abandonment in the bud. Iwata even pointed this out multiple times.

Always when the new nintendo's hw is mentioned they always predict the release most early possible, because that's what they want: see nintendo destroy themselves. And another funny thing is the same people saying that nintendo mobile games will be on the same level of the games on 3ds or wii u. Let them believe, it will be more funny when the reality hit their heads.

We reap what we sow

Captain_Tom said:
DanneSandin said:

AMD's 2016 APU's look to perform about as well or better than a PS4 while only consuming 15 watts.  They could make it so it consumes 5w and works as a handheld while mobile, and then when you plug it into a wall all of your games go from 30 FPS to 60 FPS and at 1080p instead of 720p or something.  That would be sweet...

Hmmm doesnt sound half bad actually... But I think Nintendo would loose out on profit from having two distinct consoles. And I think the next home console needs to be quite a bit more powerful than PS4; why would gamers buy NX if its only marginally better?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.