By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

DélioPT said:
I`m really surprised with all of these news, to be honest.
I was expecting to be treated with the announcement of a new ND and instead i got this.

Given the context in which the reference appeared, this most likely relates to either a home console or handheld and not QoL or
There were a few things on Iwata's line that i feel are important to take notice of..
First is this one:
"Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept"
Brand-new concept could mean that it's a new controller or some kind of HW thingie. But if you ask me there's a really good chance that this is more than that.
I'm not sure that it's the Fusion strategy as a i have a feeling there could be something more to it.

"we hope to share more information with you next year"
"We hope" is very different from "we will".
I think that if they had in mind to release it next year, the wording would have been different.
So, either they aren't ready to release the console next year or they will do like they always do and release a year after they show it. Which to me is no longer a good strategy. Sony and MS revealed and released their consoles in the same year and because of that they hype never died.

I'm simply overwhelmed by all the news, I can't really comprehend it all. Hopefully, Fusion will bring Nintendo back to the forefront of gaming.

Around the Network

This must be part of their QoL program...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

EricFabian said:
Captain_Tom said:

Yeah that would suck to play Nintendo games from a device with a far nicer screen, battery life, sound, and a dedicated controller.  How terrible /s

Galaxy S4 has  adedicated controller? I'm goona buy on right now!

It's called a dualshock 4 via Bluetooth.  ALL tablets have this.

DanneSandin said:
My prediction
This years e3; Nintendo announces QoL and releases it 2015/2016
Next year theyll announce the next HH and release it in 2016/2017
Finally revealing their next home console in 2017 for a release in 2017/2018
The handheld and home consoles have cross buy and you can play all Nintendo games on either of them. Theyll also tie in with their new Nintendo service that replaces Club Nintendo so that you can access certain features on ALL your digital devices (phone, console, pc etc)

NX is coming out next year.  No doubt about it.  They're latest attempt failed misserably and they need to respawn as soon as possible.  Heck I think AMD even said they are already done designing a console that is launching next year...

Ljink96 said:
DélioPT said:
I`m really surprised with all of these news, to be honest.
I was expecting to be treated with the announcement of a new ND and instead i got this.

Given the context in which the reference appeared, this most likely relates to either a home console or handheld and not QoL or
There were a few things on Iwata's line that i feel are important to take notice of..
First is this one:
"Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept"
Brand-new concept could mean that it's a new controller or some kind of HW thingie. But if you ask me there's a really good chance that this is more than that.
I'm not sure that it's the Fusion strategy as a i have a feeling there could be something more to it.

"we hope to share more information with you next year"
"We hope" is very different from "we will".
I think that if they had in mind to release it next year, the wording would have been different.
So, either they aren't ready to release the console next year or they will do like they always do and release a year after they show it. Which to me is no longer a good strategy. Sony and MS revealed and released their consoles in the same year and because of that they hype never died.

I'm simply overwhelmed by all the news, I can't really comprehend it all. Hopefully, Fusion will bring Nintendo back to the forefront of gaming.

That's true!
It's a lot to process, a lot to be shown in detail and a lot more left for speculation.

Personally i believed that Fusion was the way to go for Nintendo and given recent comments i thought they were following that route, but with all these news, i think it's even more than that.
This multi-platform membership announcement really caught me off guard.
Does this mean that you manage your account everywhere or it's more than that? And it's at the core of NX? What does that mean?

It's killing me! :D

One of the reasons i like Fusion is that not only it saves Nintendo characters from being overused, it's a push to have Nintendo make new franchises.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
DanneSandin said:
My prediction
The handheld and home consoles have cross buy and you can play all Nintendo games on either of them. Theyll also tie in with their new Nintendo service that replaces Club Nintendo so that you can access certain features on ALL your digital devices (phone, console, pc etc)

NX is coming out next year.  No doubt about it.  They're latest attempt failed misserably and they need to respawn as soon as possible.  Heck I think AMD even said they are already done designing a console that is launching next year...

Yes, they did

http://www.paradiger.com/amd-teasing-new-chip-architecture-for-new-gaming-console-in-2016/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Good job Nintendo way to cave to gaming journalists which are the worst journalists in my opinion see GamerGate. Sad day for me Wii U is excellent console and should be pushed more, very disappointed.
I hope Splatoon blows up and right s these wrongs

Captain_Tom said:
DanneSandin said:
My prediction

I imagen the NX will be BOTH a handheld and a home console; they will have certain shared features and compatabilities, maybe even some games. Releasing a new home console next year would mean that PS5 and XB2 would be severaly mpre powerful than Nintendos next effort. And we all saw how bad that went down this gen. 

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

As I see, 3DS and Wii U are on its way out of Nintendo's hardware stock. QoL and NX (Fusion) seems like their future. This year they will focus on release as many games as possible, but mostly the announced ones, not many new. Next year is all about the Fusion and release date of Holiday 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Maybe NX is just the name of the unified platform. We will get a handheld device in 2016 and a home console device in 2017, both with the same operating system for easy porting and multiplatform titles (as well as exclusives.) Heck, it would be cool if it used a modified android OS and you could install apps on it, although I don't think Nintendo would do that for security reasons.