By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 and PS Vita launch in China on March 20

Finally and this should be viewed as the first steps for the Chinese market.

Around the Network

Oh shit, pulling out the big guns, Mr. Pumpkin's Adventure? They came to win.

Seriously though, what the fuck is Mr. Pumpkin's Adventure? Sounds like a late 90's education game.

GTAexpert said:
Ruler said:
GTAexpert said:
The PS Vita's games are more appealing than PS4's games in China. That's saying something.

Such a shitty place it is. All that economic development couldn't change their mindsets, such fail. Even many other non-violent games didn't get approved. Epic fail for the Chinese government.

Maybe their mindset is the reason for their economic devolopement? They essantily bann other games to protect their culture and to promote their own stuff, its healthy for every country. Dynasty warriors is also a violent game too but it got promoted because it highlights chinese history and themes. 

I can understand why they bann a lot of games, even games like the last of us had disscasting scenes like showing that torchering people is okay.

But what harm do games like FIFA, Driveclub and Infamous: Second Son do? I don't think there is anything in these games that is a threat to Chinese culture. I'm not saying banning a few games is wrong, but banning pretty much all of its games IS wrong.

All these games are crap. I'll be surprised now if PS4 even sells 30k FW in China.

Well maybe they have too less chinese cars and teams and not all devolopers are interested in china to translate text etc. China never had consoles before so of course they are going slow into it. And yes the ps4. Library is allready better than the xbox 1. Sony has 2 chinese games and dynasty warriors, its going to sell at least more than the xbox1 which sold 200k units.

If there's region locking... I expect a swift doom.

Here's hoping Sony can again success. Wait.., didn't China open distribution of Consoles nationwide a couple of weeks ago?

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network

I'm not expecting anything from sales.

sabastian said:
Massive Vita Boost incoming ....................... YES !!

Not with that line up

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Hopefully it won't get delayed again and we can finally put the whole "vita will be saved cause China is magical" argument to rest

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

TheGoldenBoy said:
I'm not expecting anything from sales.

Xbox One did 100k there first week and we all know Asia is not Microsoft land.

Captain_Yuri said:

Hopefully it won't get delayed again and we can finally put the whole "vita will be saved cause China is magical" argument to rest

Hopefully it gives it a nice boost so my vita will be ahead of the Wii U first week of 2016 prediction comes true.  

OT: If the rumours that X1 sold 80-100k first week are true then you can expect the PS4 to sell 200-400k first week.  Basically PS4 is going to get a pretty significant boost.  That 50% marketshare will be one strop closer.  It will be the equivalent of a big AAA game like watchdogs or Destiny releasing and the future success depends on the software line up. Question is will games like FIFA,  driveclub,  gran turismo,  Ratchet and Clank,  minecraft etc etc be released.