By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 and PS Vita launch in China on March 20

PS4 and PS Vita launch in China on March 20

After being delayed from its previously planned January 11 release date, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia has dated PlayStation 4 and PS Vita for launch in China on March 20.  

PlayStation 4 will be available for 2,899 RMB and PS Vita for 1,299 RMB.

Launch titles include:

PlayStation 4

• Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (Koei Tecmo)
  • King of Wushu Free Early Access Edition (Suzhu Snail Digital Technology)
  • Knack (SCE)
  • Mr. Pumpkin Adventure (Shanghai Youju Information Technology)
  • Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
  • Trials Fusion (Ubisoft)

PS Vita

• Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (Koei Tecmo)
  • Farming Simulator 14 (Giants Software)
  • Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (Square Enix)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix)
  • One Tap Hero (Shanghai Kena Information Technology)
  • Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
  • Toukiden: Kiwami (Koei Tecmo)

And more is on the way, as a number of Chinese and Asian studios are known to be working with PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

A very lean list of titles, guess the censors had a lot of work to do.
No mention of region locking (or unlocking).

Around the Network

Did they release an estimate of what they think sales will be?

Robbie2010 said:
Did they release an estimate of what they think sales will be?

Haven't seen anything since the announcement of 200,000 consoles per year.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-10-10-sony-preparing-around-200-000-ps4s-a-year-for-chinese-market

after the xbone flop in china i fully expect this to flop. whether its region locked or not.

bananaking21 said:
after the xbone flop in china i fully expect this to flop. whether its region locked or not.

Are you kidding me? I hear that the lines are already forming so people can get their hands on Mr. Pumpkin Adventure!

Around the Network

Poor line up for both consoles psv and ps4 won't sell that well in China but at least ps4 will have better sales then X1

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Go Vita!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Man, so much effort for so little return. Though I suppose they are planning on things freeing up somewhat over time and that like many things China will soon be a significant market. Bit of a gamble that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

That's a sad list of games.

I mean how could they not get none violent games like Fifa 15,Final Fantasy 14,Driveclub etc. for launch?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Government spyware has successfully been installed. The launch is now officially a "go". lol!