By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 and PS Vita launch in China on March 20

binary solo said:
Man, so much effort for so little return. Though I suppose they are planning on things freeing up somewhat over time and that like many things China will soon be a significant market. Bit of a gamble that.

I don't see any effort

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Most of the Sony gun master/violence master games won't fly in China. I don't think it will lead to much for console sales.

bunchanumbers said:
Most of the Sony gun master/violence master games won't fly in China. I don't think it will lead to much for console sales.

That's why Sony also brings RPGs which fly pretty well in China. Both with the government and the gamers.

Well, not at launch but soon.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Burek said:
bananaking21 said:
after the xbone flop in china i fully expect this to flop. whether its region locked or not.

Are you kidding me? I hear that the lines are already forming so people can get their hands on Mr. Pumpkin Adventure!

Wait, they have Mr. Pumpkin Adventure? 200 million units lifetime confirmed!!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well I'm not making any predictions.

China is a cray cray place.

Around the Network

Wonder what games sony are intentionally holding back and how many simply couldn't get approved.

Ka-pi96 said:
:o it is launching with Knack?

10 million first week confirmed!

I wonder if the game will be bundled with every ps4

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

The PS Vita's games are more appealing than PS4's games in China. That's saying something.

Such a shitty place it is. All that economic development couldn't change their mindsets, such fail. Even many other non-violent games didn't get approved. Epic fail for the Chinese government.

bunchanumbers said:

Thats why they need to make colorful and more family friendly games, like platformers.

But seems like Sony doesnt even try, where are games like Fifa and Driveclub?

bananaking21 said:
after the xbone flop in china i fully expect this to flop. whether its region locked or not.

I dont think so, sony has more chinese styled games. Dynasty warriors should be a huge seller there. And chinese are very informed, they buy only the strongest hardware with their hard earned money. They are more technical about stuff like that instead looking for games