By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 and PS Vita launch in China on March 20

So, it's region-locked finally, i guess.

Around the Network

well no mention of region locking is a great thing for the possible success of the ps4. that games list is really sad but if the ps4 is to be a success it will be on imported game i think.

still, in all likelyhood it will sell like 2x xbox's launch and then die.

Will probably see a decent bump the first week of the launch and then will taper off big time after that...

GTAexpert said:
The PS Vita's games are more appealing than PS4's games in China. That's saying something.

Such a shitty place it is. All that economic development couldn't change their mindsets, such fail. Even many other non-violent games didn't get approved. Epic fail for the Chinese government.

Maybe their mindset is the reason for their economic devolopement? They essantily bann other games to protect their culture and to promote their own stuff, its healthy for every country. Dynasty warriors is also a violent game too but it got promoted because it highlights chinese history and themes. 

I can understand why they bann a lot of games, even games like the last of us had disscasting scenes like showing that torchering people is okay.

Ruler said:
GTAexpert said:
The PS Vita's games are more appealing than PS4's games in China. That's saying something.

Such a shitty place it is. All that economic development couldn't change their mindsets, such fail. Even many other non-violent games didn't get approved. Epic fail for the Chinese government.

Maybe their mindset is the reason for their economic devolopement? They essantily bann other games to protect their culture and to promote their own stuff, its healthy for every country. Dynasty warriors is also a violent game too but it got promoted because it highlights chinese history and themes. 

I can understand why they bann a lot of games, even games like the last of us had disscasting scenes like showing that torchering people is okay.

But what harm do games like FIFA, Driveclub and Infamous: Second Son do? I don't think there is anything in these games that is a threat to Chinese culture. I'm not saying banning a few games is wrong, but banning pretty much all of its games IS wrong.

All these games are crap. I'll be surprised now if PS4 even sells 30k FW in China.

Around the Network

Nice! That'll boost the sales of both by a couple k.

bananaking21 said:
after the xbone flop in china i fully expect this to flop. whether its region locked or not.

PlayStation sells very well in the free trade zones in Hong Kong & Shanghai. I expect it to sell well in mainland China too. Remember they have well over 1 Billion people so a few million lining up to buy one is nothing. Like Korea & Japan they do not like the Western Hardware or Software other than WoW, LoL, Starcraft & most of those players are gold farmers in prision working 12 hours a day to make the guards rich.

Finally, but the launch line for the ps4 is really small. Even the Vita one has better line up. I guess it's due to the Chinese restriction and the localization. I can't wait to see the 1st week numbers :)

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Where does it say that's those are the only games at launch? I interpret that more as a highlight.

PlayStation 4 have almost 250 games in Europe and America and China is only getting 6 (if this is the full lineup).

Don't copy random editorials.