By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - People keep calling me a camper

CaptainPrefrences said:
well i dont mind in cod4 if u snipe in one area then move around i mean thats what snipers do.

what i do hate is when you fucking set up a claymore and i ge killed by it. i.e on Ambush when you walk up into the building and go upstairs then you get blown up.

i get so pissed ands call em campers in the pre match lobby.

oops im turning intio a hypocrite.

That's why you gotta throw grenades first in those hot spots.

Around the Network

I hate snipers, and yes ofcourse your a camper.

mM

I may snipe near enemy hotspots, not areas where they spawn that's not fair, but areas where they pretty much have to run past.

It's part of the game, it's why they put those hidden spots in the game.

ignore the haters, camper is the most overused word in CoD4. its not the campers that are annoying, its the WHINNERS.

camper apparently can mean a team in team deathmatch that doesnt go blindly running around the map and instead stays together in a central location. this isnt called teamwork in CoD4, its called "camping biatches". and means that you actually arent good at CoD4 and that somehow camping allows you to dominate without being good.

its all BS, spawn camping is pretty dirty, but other then those instances its people just being sore losers. somehow people's loathing of snipers has morphed camping to mean just about anything except running right out in front of people as much as possible.

all the crying about campers has got WAY out of hand. quit whinning

Around the Network

I think camping is so overused in games. Heck, you could take a second to reload and you'll be banished to hell because you've just camped *gasp*.

I think it's annoying when I get nailed by a guy who's hunkered down, but it's part of the game. The big issue I have a problem with is when you have somebody spawn camping or something like that.

Camper and Noob are two terms I think are way out of control for their context. You kill me, I'm a noob. I kill you, I'm a noob. I damage you, I'm a noob. You damage me, I'm a noob. You or I complete the objective, I'm a noob. lol, it never ends. Score one for the multiplayer ego! 

--

lol, I just had a memory of how crazy people get just because they died and have to wait for the next round in Counter-Strike. It was me vs like 5 enemies and I was carefully moving around and taking them out, yet I get punished by an admin because I was 'camping'.... It's crap because I wasn't even standing still and despite being outnumbered and trying to plan my attack (and taking out a couple of these guys), I was apparently a camping bastard.

the worst camping ive ever seen is when im playing annex on gears and a guy sits there with a sniper at ur spawn point.

also on starcraft, when im playing massing games (dont know how many ppl play sc) faggets camp at your base with lurkers and dont give ur troops time to spawn. i.e golems 9.1 i think.

Your a sniper, so i dont really consider you a camper, because its not like you can rush with a sniper..which would be stupid, but if you had a Machine gun, and sat in a corner waiting for someone to go by then yes your a camper

Sniping kind of reminds me of a cheap point and click flash game. You don't move, you just wave your mouse around and click on things. To me it boils down to a sniper only needing to be good with his mouse hand, while your typical fps player needs to be good with both his mouse hand and keyboard hand. Typical fps players also have people in their face firing back, while snipers tend to stay as far away as possible, often times their oponents don't even know where they are. They don't put themselves in any real danger. Takes alot more skill to run and gun. I long for the day developers don't feel obligated to include sniper rifles in their games, but I guess sniping will always appeal to the kiddies.

COD4 pc started out quite good, very few snipers. In January-Feb you started to see the snipers filling the servers though. I thought this was just due to Christmas season, but a few people online who had noticed the same thing told me that was the same time McDonalds hands out it's bonuses. Found that quite funny. Probably not a coincidence.

BTW with the COD 4 pc not having any kind of ranking system it's hard to tell where you stand. I truly believe I'm one of the best COD4 pc players in the world, at the very least top 25. If anyone else feels this way too we should hop on a server sometime, send me some mail.  

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

I think camping is pretty lame simply because it forces some people to have to go out and take all the risks in order to try to make the game fun. Imagine a game filled with just campers, everyone finds their own little corner of the map to hide in and then everyone waits. It would be a very boring game.