By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - People keep calling me a camper

PDF said:
I dont care what you do as long as you dont noob tube me or throw a grenade up in the air at random and kill me. I also think martydom is a noob perk as well.

Lol, i almost always get kills with random grenade throwing and martyrdom gives me more kills too... And that's what im online for, as is everyone!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

I don't consider using a sniper rifle in CoD4 camping, because they suck so much, if you have a 40" HDTV a Red dot M16 blows any gun away at range, Snipers get killed so fast in that game. I have seen some bad campers, guys sitting in corners with an M60.

The best thing was in RFoM if you spawn camped guys during capture the flag, all they had to do is pause the game and press report player on your name and a mod would be notified and you and your team would be booted from the game. I was booted for doing it on more then one occasion.

PDF said:
StarcraftManiac said:
PDF said:
I dont care what you do as long as you dont noob tube me or throw a grenade up in the air at random and kill me. I also think martydom is a noob perk as well.

Lol, i almost always get kills with random grenade throwing and martyrdom gives me more kills too... And that's what im online for, as is everyone!

lol yah, I am guilty of the random grenade throw and I even use martydom every once in a while. However I still find it noobish and cheap. I am just willing to admit I am noobish and cheap. What ever gets the job done lol. Just no one else can use these tactics because they annoy me.

Heheh those tactics are annoying. Noob tubes are quite possibly the worst thing to happen to online gaming. Don't even need to aim the damn things. Boy do I get mad when I get killed going around a corner by a noob tube close range because some guy uses it as his all situations weapon because he can't aim his gun. 0-50 in game feet are almost a sure thing, just need to aim in the area.

Martyrdom is the computer getting your kill for you, and the game rewarding you for losing, very lame.

Oh and don't get me started on random grenade throwing. I'm guilty of throwing grenades in an area without seeing anything but a red dot on my hud, but some of those guys are horrible. Watching your death cam after some guy just spawned, pointed his cursor in the air and just threw three grenades randomly before he even thought about his weapon isn't skill.

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

If you get called a camper, you might be one.

The only thing that matters is if your team wins. If your team keeps winning and you maintain a high kill count, fuck 'em. If they were better than you they wouldn't be calling you a camper and they would cap your ass on a continual basis.

If your team is winning, you're a good player. If your team is losing and you maintain a high kill count, you're a camper.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

If no one can handle people using snipers, they should just ban the usage of such rifles to begin with. You can't very well run around and shoot steadily with a sniper or high precision weapon, you'll have to remain stationary.
Personally, I hate snipers in FPS multiplayer, but I can see why they're there and certainly why many use them so I put up with it.
I can't very well expect everyone to play the game excactly like me, now can I?

PS: The AWM in CS is just way overboard and must be the most cowardly weapon (short of the Cerebral Bore in Turok) ever deviced in a shooter. An instant kill when hitting someones toe or hand is just plain silly.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
PS: The AWM in CS is just way overboard and must be the most cowardly weapon (short of the Cerebral Bore in Turok) ever deviced in a shooter. An instant kill when hitting someones toe or hand is just plain silly.

CS took out the "toe shot" in 1.1 or so. It's been a long time since the AWP (its proper name) has been an automatic kill.

I still found the damage too high in 1.6.

Mummelmann said:
I still found the damage too high in 1.6.

I certainly agree. I'm not an AWPer so it sucked for me but once you learn how to negate their power, you can kill even the best AWPer 75% of the time.

It's those bastards who are evil with both the AWP and Deagle that you have to worry about. :D 

Yes, you're not a camper.

It's actually funny how lower skilled gamers see more advenced techniques of more skilled gamers either cheating or some unfair magical trick that gets you kills. I mean, if there's a sniper in the game, you need to be prepared for getting killed by one. Just like you can prepare getting killed by someone, who runs around shooting headless. Only the difference is, that since the guys running around shooting are easier to kill, no one complains about them.
I mean, it's your own fault being stupid enough to become cannon fodder.

And besides, since people require realism from their shooters, it's actually realistic that you need to be afraid of someone killing you without any prior notice. One problem is the games that let you spawn back into the game, instead of getting kicked out when you die, since it doesn't really force people to think strategically and that's when you get all the noobs whining about campers/cheaters/better players.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
 One problem is the games that let you spawn back into the game, instead of getting kicked out when you die, since it doesn't really force people to think strategically and that's when you get all the noobs whining about campers/cheaters/better players.

Which is why round-based games are the best form of multiplayer games ever created.