By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - People keep calling me a camper

You're a camper but it's not a bad thing.

Ever played a game where everyone are campers?
It's fun as hell! Sniper to sniper battles are awesome.
You get this sense of mortality, this very heavy atmosphere.
Each slight movement you make might give away your position and prove to be fatal.

Edit: I see me and legend have differing opinions.
I'll stand by my claim that hunting down snipers are fun though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

The most annoying game I have played was on Hardcore mode. In the bog. Both teams were sniping. It was so boring and annoying. You would spawn walk out a door and be picked off by one of the 6 people laying down somewhere. I'm not exaggerating either. All of them were sniping.

Just like in CS. I didn't mind one AWP per team because you could flank them, but when 4 people on the team have one covering all possible ways it gets annoying.

Legend11 said:
I think camping is pretty lame simply because it forces some people to have to go out and take all the risks in order to try to make the game fun. Imagine a game filled with just campers, everyone finds their own little corner of the map to hide in and then everyone waits. It would be a very boring game.

Legend I totally agree, it does force other people to move around and attack to make the game fun for everyone, including the sniper. Snipers come across as somewhat selfish and self serving really, they rarely help with any objectives, although there are exceptions. They are usually just there to rack up their own score.

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

I say that you are not a camper. For me, a camper is someone who stands around at the enemy spawn point, although that cannot happen in CoD

^ That's a spawn camper Munkeh.

Yes you are a camper highwaystar, but it isn't a bad thing.

Around the Network

yeah the good ole camper strike and camper of duty

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Has camper always referred to all snipers?

Because if so, its fucking stupid. I always had thought it was spawn campers only (which is a dirty tactic). But bagging out snipers for sniping? What the fuck? What do you want them to do, rush you with a sniper rifle?

There is a reason why they put a sniper rifle in the game. Some people will use it. Live with it.

Actually, you fit in rather well in the Camper zone... However, it's not cheating! It's just a nice tactic!

I tend to run all over the place and use the area in my advantage. You can also have lots of kills when using that tactic. I normally get 20-25 kills in 1 team deathmatch.

I always equip something like this:

M4-Red Dot Sight-Red Tiger Camo.

Gold Desert Eagle.

Perks:

-3x Frag.

-Stopping power (greater bullet damage).

-Martyrdom (drop a grenade when killed).

My rank is now 3(out of 55) Prestige 3. (Prestige 3 means i had the highest lvl 3x already). 

Btw: Add me on PSN: StarcraftManiac

THE NETHERLANDS

Campers are the people in Goldeneye that stayed in the room with the remote mines and threw them on the door for the entire duration of the ten minute match.

I will have my vengeance.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

You know, campers never really bothered me, nor did snipers, they both die real good. 

Basically they can't seem to handle the more proactive players anyway and few of them are good at it. 

They good ones, they can be a challenge and that's what multiplayer is all about.