By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - People keep calling me a camper

Whenever I play first person shooters, particularly CoD4, online or on multiplayer. All I do is find a quiet spot with my sniper rifle and take people out, once they know where I am I move on to another quiet spot. They say this is a bad thing, but it's not like i'm cheating, it's just an alternative tactic to go out all guns a blazing.

What do you think, am I a camper? is being a camper bad?

Around the Network

yep your a camper, and no it isnt

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I really dont consider that camping, thats called sniping.

For me a 'camper' is the guy who sits in a dark corner for most of the match with a Light Machine w/ stopping power.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Yeah, you're a camper. But you gotta do what you gotta do to get kills.

I'd probably do something like that, it's more satisfying.

Once in a while I might collect a few heavy machine guns and run around with the rest to relieve frustration, but I'd prefer sniping.

In Goldeneye on the lower levels of library I always wanted to have a set rule that keeps players 2 columns apart so we could take cover, then run out firing and take cover... everyone else unfortunately just wanted to run up to me and stand there shooting (few of my friends ever figured out circle-strafing)

Around the Network

well i dont mind in cod4 if u snipe in one area then move around i mean thats what snipers do.

what i do hate is when you fucking set up a claymore and i ge killed by it. i.e on Ambush when you walk up into the building and go upstairs then you get blown up.

i get so pissed ands call em campers in the pre match lobby.

oops im turning intio a hypocrite.

Do you know what a camper is? If so, why are you bothering to ask if you are one?

you're a camper sorry sniper are so annoying to me.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I always thought a camper was a guy you sat at the spawn points and waited for people who just died to respawn and kill them when they did. People that do that are not cool and should be considered sheap kill MFers.

What you are doing is perfectly legit. The people giving you a hard time are just jealous that they don't have mad sniping skills. Besides if they were any good they would figure out how to avoid getting sniped by taking cover in the first place.

rasone77 said:
I always thought a camper was a guy you sat at the spawn points and waited for people who just died to respawn and kill them when they did. People that do that are not cool and should be considered sheap kill MFers.

What you are doing is perfectly legit. The people giving you a hard time are just jealous that they don't have mad sniping skills. Besides if they were any good they would figure out how to avoid getting sniped by taking cover in the first place.

That's what I thought too... just being a sniper is fine so long as it's not at or really near the spawn points... I mean why else would their be sniper rifles?