By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Thinking about converting to Islam

so you don't support the senseless violence of IS, but you wish Hitler had won the Second World War? Yeah 'cause that makes sense...

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Full Disclosure I am an Atheist,

But I do have to ask are there any actual philosophical reasons why you wish to abandon Christianity for Islam? Attitudes of members doesn't decide what’s correct. If everyone on this earth who believed the earth was round was an ignorant douche-bag it wouldn't mean they were wrong about their belief, it would just mean you separate yourself from that mindset.

No, but I abhor feminism and communism. I see those ideologies as an enemy. I identify more with the right. I'm not a big fan of homosexuality either. I don't want them persecuted or harmed but I don't want their "pride" in my face either.

I have very strong normative family values. I can't stand polyamory. Dislike the abuse of divorce too. 

I get that but what does this have to do with your current belief of Jesus being the embodiement of the creator of the universe?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

reggin_bolas said:

No, but I abhor feminism and communism. I see those ideologies as an enemy. I identify more with the right. I'm not a big fan of homosexuality either. I don't want them persecuted or harmed but I don't want their "pride" in my face either.

I have very strong normative family values. I can't stand polyamory. Dislike the abuse of divorce too. 

You don't like the idea of women having a better standing in society? 

Hmm, pie.

I would agree that christianity has lost some of it's influence but it's very much still around. I run into them all the time where I live. I'm not a christian btw. I'm more or less spiritual but not religious. I'm open to all possibilities on it. I know very little about Islam but if you're seriously interested in converting to it, you should read the Qur'an and get to know it's followers.

reggin_bolas said:
curl-6 said:

You sound disappointed that Hitler lost.

Hitler wasn't that bad of a guy. 

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
reggin_bolas said:

I get that but what does this have to do with your current belief of Jesus being the embodiement of the creator of the universe?

My own theology is not bound to any religious dogma. I study meta-physics in my spare time. I'm talking about a cultural identity and a way of life. Moral philosophy if anything; not ontology. 

mtachi said:
so you don't support the senseless violence of IS, but you wish Hitler had won the Second World War? Yeah 'cause that makes sense...

Destroying the Soviet Union would have been costly in terms of lives lost but it would have prevented the cold war, and the some 90 million dead as a result of communism in the 20th century. 

I have nothing against the Jewish people and I don't condone of the Holocaust. 

All you have to do is do all the bad things EXCEPT eating pig. You can praise Hitler for murdering millions of innocent people, you can hit women, you can smoke, you can drink tons of alcohol, you can do drugs, you can go to hookers, you can murder people who make a joke about Mohamed, that will make you a good muslim. But do NOT eat pig!

Talal said:

That would be very sad. Why do you say that?

Because, individually and collectively, people need to believe in something greater than themselves. Islam seems like a very logical replacement for a moribund and spineless Christianity and a ruinous political progressivism that fosters nothing but alienation and grievance.

reggin_bolas said:
mtachi said:

Destroying the Soviet Union would have been costly in terms of lives lost but it would have prevented the cold war, and the some 90 million dead as a result of communism in the 20th century. 

I have nothing against the Jewish people and I don't condone of the Holocaust. 

You do know millions of people died in the dictatorships supported by the US during the cold war, let alone the casualties in Vietnam, the long term damage in the middle-east by the US?