By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Thinking about converting to Islam

You know what pisses me off, people who think one has to be a religious to be a moral person. Guess what, i am an atheist and i still believe in famiy values and i am certainly no marxist(although i don't think you know what that means)

Around the Network
The Fury said:
reggin_bolas said:

No, but I abhor feminism and communism. I see those ideologies as an enemy. I identify more with the right. I'm not a big fan of homosexuality either. I don't want them persecuted or harmed but I don't want their "pride" in my face either.

I have very strong normative family values. I can't stand polyamory. Dislike the abuse of divorce too. 

You don't like the idea of women having a better standing in society? 

Disliking feminism doesn't necessarily mean that someone doesn't like the idea of women having a better standing in society. I, for one don't care for modern feminism. haha.

Welcome to Islam bro.

reggin_bolas said:
mtachi said:
so you don't support the senseless violence of IS, but you wish Hitler had won the Second World War? Yeah 'cause that makes sense...

Destroying the Soviet Union would have been costly in terms of lives lost but it would have prevented the cold war, and the some 90 million dead as a result of communism in the 20th century. 

I have nothing against the Jewish people and I don't condone of the Holocaust. 

I'm sorry but you can't just pick and choose policies like that. And you don't even know what would've happened. America was fighting Nazi Germany before the Soviet Union and the Cold War really took off. Instead you'd have a maniacal dictator trying to exterminate an entire race, and a very very hot war. Your logic doesn't make sense to me - but this is off topic.

With regards to converting to Islam, do what you want, it's a free world.

Ka-pi96 said:
reggin_bolas said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I get that but what does this have to do with your current belief of Jesus being the embodiement of the creator of the universe?

My own theology is not bound to any religious dogma. I study meta-physics in my spare time. I'm talking about a cultural identity and a way of life. Moral philosophy if anything; not ontology. 

If you're just talking about cultural identity and way of life why don't you just change the way you live yourself so you can be happier about that rather than switching to a religion that it sounds like you don't really even believe in.

Progressivism is too rooted in my country to be that simple. I already live a moral life. I believe in monogamy and family. Sadly though even my new girlfriend admits to some kind of feminist adherence. I do what I can do oppose all forms of communism, marxist thinking and radical feminism. It's not that easy when you live in a society where the left has a stronghold of power over the media. There is a term here: PC mafia (political correctness). It's dangerous for anyone to oppose this. It will and has ruined careers of esteemed doctors and lawyers who spoke out on their spare time. 

The marxists here are literally scanning forums on the internet and tracking down individuals who oppose the social order. They expose dissenters on news outlets and people have committed suicide over this. 

Around the Network

You're converting to islam based on politics? What faith you have doesn't dictate what values you have yourself.

You have a ton of viewpoints I'd also like to discuss, but I guess that's not what this thread is about.

BTW if you think "everyone" (I interpret it as a lot) is a marxist then you don't know what a marxist is.

reggin_bolas said:
Ka-pi96 said:
reggin_bolas said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I get that but what does this have to do with your current belief of Jesus being the embodiement of the creator of the universe?

My own theology is not bound to any religious dogma. I study meta-physics in my spare time. I'm talking about a cultural identity and a way of life. Moral philosophy if anything; not ontology. 

If you're just talking about cultural identity and way of life why don't you just change the way you live yourself so you can be happier about that rather than switching to a religion that it sounds like you don't really even believe in.

Progressivism is too rooted in my country to be that simple. I already live a moral life. I believe in monogamy and family. Sadly though even my new girlfriend admits to some kind of feminist adherence. I do what I can do oppose all forms of communism, marxist thinking and radical feminism. It's not that easy when you live in a society where the left has a stronghold of power over the media. There is a term here: PC mafia (political correctness). It's dangerous for anyone to oppose this. It will and has ruined careers of esteemed doctors and lawyers who spoke out on their spare time. 

The marxists here are literally scanning forums on the internet and tracking down individuals who oppose the social order. They expose dissenters on news outlets and people have committed suicide over this. 

You're just paranoid.

melbye said:
You know what pisses me off, people who think one has to be a religious to be a moral person. Guess what, i am an atheist and i still believe in famiy values and i am certainly no marxist(although i don't think you know what that means)

This. 100%. 

What's stopping people making up their own way of life?

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Aeolus451 said:
The Fury said:

You don't like the idea of women having a better standing in society? 

Disliking feminism doesn't necessarily mean that someone doesn't like the idea of women having a better standing in society. I, for one don't care for modern feminism. haha.

2 different things. "adhor feminism" is what he said. He didn't say "the type of feminism where women accuse men of mysogynistic for just being men." 

Hmm, pie.

"The last bastions of Christianity are slowly but surely being usurped by progressive liberals. These so called "democratic" countries are rife with decadence and deviance as evidenced in the outgrowth of gay rights and other movements espoused by the left. "

true and its by design... why do you think islam must be destroyed? because the followers of islam have demonstrated that they would never allow that kind of erosion to happen to islam so they must be wiped out

the ultimate goal is the destruction of all religions which will eventually leave secular humanism or in other words the worship of the human and the acheivements of humans

but the thing is that as i said in another thread, christianity was usurped from the very beginning catholicism the root from which all other denominations sprang is an amalgamation of christianity in the pure sense and pagan rituals