By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Thinking about converting to Islam

reggin_bolas said:
The Fury said:

2 different things. "adhor feminism" is what he said. He didn't say "the type of feminism where women accuse men of mysogynistic for just being men." 

Feminism is hijacked by radicals who see men as disposable and who work to destroy norms (e.g. the core family). These people openly encourage women to get divorced, to free themselves from any dependence on men. They also encourage other deviant forms of family such as the polyamorous couple. in other words, they intend to destroy the nuclear family and its traditional values. 

Egalitarianism is a better word to describe the movement because it encompasses ALL. Not just women. 

Okay, so the extreme form of feminism. That is all I wondered. Yet, women should be allowed to divorce if they want and should be free of dependence of men, just like men are allowed to divorce and be free of dependence of women. 

But do not change faith based on governmental policies or thinkings of other people for where you reside, you don't like the fact other people are making it so women can divorce? So, get into a relationship where you know you won't need to get divorced. Where traditional family values mean something because of your connection with that person. Changing your faith will not change society around you but you can uphold your values as best you can in spite of it.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

its harder for me to talk about islam in english because i really just know a lot of the terms in arabic, so i will try to be helpful with as much as possible.

probably the most important family value in islam is respect for ones parents, specially the mother.

in islam monogamy is the most common case, it is allowed for a man to marry up to four women, however the wife HAS to know and agree to it. im not entirely sure as to why its allowed, of course i was told why before, but frankly i didnt care because personally i would never marry more than one woman. if its monogamy that you want, its entirely your choice.

some muslims refuse to shake hands with the opposite sex, simply that no physical contact happens. personally i shake hands and dont mind it, but i understand those who dont. its their choice, after all.

Many of you miss my point sadly. I don't entertain of the idea of merely jumping to another Christian sect or denomination. That would be pointless because Christianity is dying in the West. It's been usurped by the left in the wake of WW2. The US has bravely fought this revolution but it too is succumbing to the intellectual poison of Marx which is now clad in a more fancy rhetoric ala universal health care. Obama is the worst president in the history of the United States, sadly that won't be evident to all for some time to come.

There is a massive wave of immigration from countries typically populated by Muslims coming to the EU. This has worsened since the Syrian crisis. These immigrants on average do not abandon their religious practices even though many are against the legal code of the EU such as honor killings and arranged marriages. These immigrants, on average, give birth to more children than their counterparts. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Islam, with Christianity dying, will be the most prevalent religion in EU in the next coming decades.

I for one will most likely welcome our new Islamist overlords. At least there will be an end to the nonsense plaguing Western EU. The PC, the divorce culture, radical feminism, gay pride, etc.

Join us, we have cookies! Lol.

Dante9 said:

Umm, no. People do not need to believe in something greater than themselves. At least not in terms of superstition like gods and what have you. It's good to have ideals and values, but they are things that stand on their own and have no affiliations. Religions and other 'isms' sometimes claim ownership of certain values, but they are universal concepts that anyone can subscribe to. It's sad that there are people who think that it's somehow obligatory to pick a religion in order to reflect one's values. Religions bring with them all kinds of unnecessary baggage that leads to more division and conflict among people.
As for feminism, I believe in universal equality, but feminism hasn't been about that for ages now in the western world. Women have all the same rights as men here. Why not be egalitarians without any gender connotations? All people should be equal no matter what, right?

Well, I didn't say religion. It could be something purely secular, like family, tribe, or nation. Of course you don't necessarily need to be religious in order to be happy, but religiosity does show a strong correlation to personal happiness so it clearly helps. I suspect it has something to do with developing a healthier perspective, sort of the inverse of how neuroticism is so prevalent among self-centered moderns, but I haven't really read in-depth about it too much.

And of course religion causes conflict. Anything that divides the world into Us and Them will do that. But since it creates a clearly defined Us, it also provides a sense of belonging and order that alleviates the chronic sense of alienation which currently vexes so many people (especially men).

Around the Network

Men can marry up to 4 women in Islam, though it's generally frowned upon and mostly happens to due to one's wife not being fertile, in which case both sides agree to the man marrying another woman.

Shaking hands is something Muslims aspire to do, so I don't understand what you mean. Unless you're talking about men shaking strange women's hands and vice versa.

MohammadBadir said:
Men can marry up to 4 women in Islam, though it's generally frowned upon and mostly happens to due to one's wife not being fertile, in which case both sides agree to the man marrying another woman.

Shaking hands is something Muslims aspire to do, so I don't understand what you mean. Unless you're talking about men shaking strange women's hands and vice versa.

It was just a minor point, a curiosity. I saw a female muslim coworker refused the hand of another nonmuslim male coworker. I thought it had to do with hygene. At least the Japs got it right. 

Seems like a sensible answer: women constenting first. Though I disapprove of the practice personally and would rather divorce than to live in a harem. 

sterner said:
And if you think that islam is a fortress against "liberal decay", islam is actually more progressive in a lot LGBT topics than US, say third gender in Pakistan gained legal recognition before US as I understand. Anyway, you won't see this stuff in your typical american wedding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkB_L9ubBk

Really only the T part of LGBT.

You don't have to make an active stand against IS in order for you to convert to Islam. They represent a small minority of extreme radicals with mental issues. I myself is an atheist but I say go for it if it feels right for you :). But don't adjust your personal opinions just to fit in but stand up for what you believe in.

I really hope this is a joke thread.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.