By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Thinking about converting to Islam

badgenome said:
sterner said:
And if you think that islam is a fortress against "liberal decay", islam is actually more progressive in a lot LGBT topics than US, say third gender in Pakistan gained legal recognition before US as I understand. Anyway, you won't see this stuff in your typical american wedding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkB_L9ubBk

Really only the T part of LGBT.

That is an odd development indeed. T has the hardest time gaining traction in the US, as LGB tend to have issues with them. T seems to have a lot of acceptance in parts of the Muslim world, whereas LGB are punishable by death.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:

Note: I do not condone of the senseless violence and barbarism of IS.

#1 I am an educated man in his upper twenties who is born Christian and I identify with Christianity culturally. I believe in family values, compassion, and monogamy. I was born in EU and lived in the US for quite a long time. I've recently moved back to EU and #2 I just don't identify with the progressive liberal values inherent in society here. Everyone is a feminist and a Marxist. I felt like there were strong Christian values in the US but with Obama, I felt like the US is becoming more and more atheistic and leftist. 

Now on to my tirade. I feel as though Christianity has fallen in the West. The last bastions of Christianity are slowly but surely being usurped by progressive liberals. #3 These so called "democratic" countries are rife with decadence and deviance as evidenced in the outgrowth of gay rights and other movements espoused by the left. #4 Hitler warned that these so called democratic states were in a state of moral decadence and would fall to the disciplined hordes of Asia. I feel as though the weakening of Europe is a result of Hitler losing the war. In post war EU there was an insurgence of radical leftist groups such as the Rotte Armee Fraktion which left an indelible impression on EU society. 

Now the more I think about Islam, the more I feel drawn to its values (because it's oriented towards the right).  I have some questions though.

1. What are the most prevalent family values of Islam? More specifically, is polygamy and polyamory proscribed? I believe in the insitution of one man and one woman: monogamy.

2. Why do some muslims refuse to shake hands? I like this practice, I think our tradition of shaking hands is not hygenic. 

#1 Why would you abandon a bunch of wild, unprovable, and outright ridiculous beliefs (talking snakes? great floods? Redemption through others? (if I killed someone and you went to jail for me, does that make me innocent?)) for another set of wild, unprovable, and outright ridiculous beliefs (flying a golden chariot into heaven? An angel visiting a guy who sat in a cave for a while as the revelation of God)? Never mind the baggage that comes with them, like stoning raped women because it's "extramarital sex"....unless there are 4 competent, adult males that witness the event (and subsequently do nothing about it) to testify that it was a, say, "legitimate" rape. And I could on about things of that nature for a whole novel's worth of words.

And it looks like you're only jumping religions because one is becoming less prevalent? That's not how religion works. You don't have a faith because it's most popular one in town. You have it because you truly believe it to be true. I wouldn't think the world was flat just because "round earth theory" started becoming less popular.

#2 Man, such hard values to identify with. Equality for men and women (that's all feminism is, by definition). Those damned progressives! Now, I wouldn't consider myself a Marxist, but I also don't know enough about it to make a comment on it. I do know that it has to do with the working class, so, insofar as that goes, I don't understand what's so bad about the working class being treated fairly.

#3 "Decadence" and "deviance" because people want equal rights? People don't want to be ostracized, bullied, and discriminated against for being the way your God/Allah supposedly created them...and it's bad that we recognize that? What have gay people done to you? If you didn't see a couple holding hands in public or kissing (something heterosexual couples do with no negative attention drawn) would you know they were gay? Why do you care what two people do behind closed doors? There have been homosexuals since...forever and no society has morally crumbled because of it, with people going out raping and murdering and stealing because gay people exist and have rights. There is homosexuality demonstrated in the animal kingdom, but no animals have been "smited" or went extinct because of it. So please, explain how something like gay rights is "deviant".

#4 You really gonna reference Hitler on an issue of morality? The guy that likened Jewish people to rats just because he didn't like them, and tried to exterminate them as a culture and ethnic group?

Mods, go ahead and moderate my comment or ban me or whatever for my next comment, but it needs to be said: reggin_bolas is a disgusting human being

reggin_bolas said:
curl-6 said:

You sound disappointed that Hitler lost.

Hitler wasn't that bad of a guy. Things just spiralled out of control towards the end when the persecution of the Jews intensified. That's inexcusable. He pulled off the most stunning economic recovery in all of history. Eliminated crime more or less and created a wellfare state which is still being studied in social schools in EU. 

Most people don't know this but many muslims joined his SS. They were allowed to pray and keep their religious institutions. People in the Ukraine were also allowed to pray and enter churches again after many years of Soviet abuse. 

There's a video on youtube about the 10 worst human beings in history. Guess what? Hitler wasn't featured in it. Whoever wins a war writes its history. That's the one thing the social constructivists and the relativists got right. Whoever has power dictates truth. 

That's actually a good point.  Germany in WW1 sent weapons to aid ireland in their fight for independence.  England doesn't get portrayed as a vilian despite 800 years of persecution and attempting to control our lands.  As you say the people in power write history and get to decide who's good and bad.  

Having said that the bad Hitler did far outweighs the pros. There was just no excuse for killing the Jews.  None.  

Puppyroach said:
You don't have to make an active stand against IS in order for you to convert to Islam. They represent a small minority of extreme radicals with mental issues. I myself is an atheist but I say go for it if it feels right for you :). But don't adjust your personal opinions just to fit in but stand up for what you believe in.

do they?so why are they killing people for beeing gay or not muslim in so many muslimic states?  saudi arabia is killing people than dont wanna be muslims anymore.  if those  beliefs are just the beliefs of a small minority, why are so many muslims okay with this?

or women driving cars? or girl going to school?

This thread is quickly going down in the dumps so it's time to end it. Locking.

Signature goes here!