By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Hardware & Software weekly 7th February

So, PS4 sold 32k more than X1 and WiiU combined, and back to roughly 2:1 in the Global PS4 vs X1.
Also, PS4 will easy win Feb NPD.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

I don't follow. at this rate, on what would be called a slow week the PS4 is still pulling a 150k baseline. What this means is that worst case scenario its averaging 600k a month. With no price drop and no system selling software. Being excittwd about the PS4 momentum wasn't premature, but you are right that Sony has to do something to maintain it (obviously). Question is how long will Sony be content with sales as they are right now. Cause as it stands its still outselling both the XB1 and WiiU combined. 

I think the first thing Sony will do is extend the beta test of Vue to other American cities. I think it's currently ONE but I can't remember which (Boston?). Then they'll release PSNow in Europe. This should help maintain decent sales prior to a price drop.

The PS5 Exists. 

Nate4Drake said:
So, PS4 sold 32k more than X1 and WiiU combined, and back to roughly 2:1 in the Global PS4 vs X1.
Also, PS4 will easy win Feb NPD.

Nah, 3DS will likely win, 175k for New 3DS XL in opening weekend. That puts it over 200k in the first 2 weeks.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Intrinsic said:
seeing how little traffic these weekly sales threads are generating now. These used to be multi page monsters.

I fear like many other sites before it, this marks the beginning of the end of VGC. Basically what happens when a sites primary draw starts becoming irrelevant like how YouTube killed off the relevance of gametrailers.com.

Hope ioi is taking note, when numbers keep being this late, people will stop caring about them, which in turn will ultimately make people stop caring about the site. I am saying this cause I want this site and community to live on. I think ioi should consider getting people from the community to help with the compilations of these numbers and pay them something for their work if he's losing interest on the site.

Beats letting the site die all together.

I'm not entirely sure the demographics of this website, but in the U.S., it's pretty early right now. I'm sure that this will pick up quickly.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Even with the lower price, the XB1 is still sitting at about half of the PS4 weekly numbers.

I wonder what MS has planned. You know they want to at least pull ahead in the US. I think they have to drop to $300 at E3.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
seeing how little traffic these weekly sales threads are generating now. These used to be multi page monsters.

I fear like many other sites before it, this marks the beginning of the end of VGC. Basically what happens when a sites primary draw starts becoming irrelevant like how YouTube killed off the relevance of gametrailers.com.

Hope ioi is taking note, when numbers keep being this late, people will stop caring about them, which in turn will ultimately make people stop caring about the site. I am saying this cause I want this site and community to live on. I think ioi should consider getting people from the community to help with the compilations of these numbers and pay them something for their work if he's losing interest on the site.

If we weren't waiting many weeks for the charts it would be more lively.  People have already moved on from the games that debuted in the beginning of February and want the information on the games that released mid/end.

Salesaremissing said:
teigaga said:

Not surprising, Its been out for a few weeks digitally. Think it might have legs though, lots of positive word of mouth. We'll have to wait and see if it falls off the map or remains a consistent member of the top 20

Digital console games made $263M in January — 63% from PlayStation platforms

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/25/digital-console-games-made-263m-in-january-and-most-of-that-was-from-playstation/

Just a reminder how strong Digital is on Playstation

Yeah playstation dominating digital in the console market.  Been saying this for months now I have solid proof. 

Wii U > PS3! It's happening!

In seriousness though there's not a lot to cheer about here. Only one system about 100k, is not healthy.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

PS4 is right.
Xbox One is right.
Wii U is right.
3DS is overtracked. No way that it sold that good on week before New 3DS.
PS Vita is undertracked. No way that North America is bigger than Europe (especially when we look at the fact, that the Playstation Vita is selling good in little cuntries (Georgia, Spain, Italy))
PS3 is right.
Xbox 360 is right.

Intrinsic said:

Here here.  Something very similar happened in my line of work so I sold 50% of one of my sites and allowed the new guy to manage it. I've a much bigger business i still run but I've someone helping out while I take a break. Like me ioi is self employed and is in a position to semi retire while the business continues to grow.  

He'll be amazed how well someone else would do if he paid them to manage this site part time. I hope he does something because it's detrimental to this site getting weekly numbers up almost a month after the week.