By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Hardware & Software weekly 7th February

Panama said:
If Sony really want to just twist the knife in the gut of the competition, a price drop for the PS4 at E3 would just about do it.

Or for DQ Heroes launch in Japan.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Panama said:
If Sony really want to just twist the knife in the gut of the competition, a price drop for the PS4 at E3 would just about do it.

Or for DQ Heroes launch in Japan.

Better off saving the price cut for later.  They have games releasing that will shift good numbers now. 

Neodegenerate said:
Intrinsic said:
seeing how little traffic these weekly sales threads are generating now. These used to be multi page monsters.

I fear like many other sites before it, this marks the beginning of the end of VGC. Basically what happens when a sites primary draw starts becoming irrelevant like how YouTube killed off the relevance of gametrailers.com.

Hope ioi is taking note, when numbers keep being this late, people will stop caring about them, which in turn will ultimately make people stop caring about the site. I am saying this cause I want this site and community to live on. I think ioi should consider getting people from the community to help with the compilations of these numbers and pay them something for their work if he's losing interest on the site.

Beats letting the site die all together.

If we weren't waiting many weeks for the charts it would be more lively.  People have already moved on from the games that debuted in the beginning of February and want the information on the games that released mid/end.

well based on amazon's best sellar's listing...

... the order debuted on the feb best sellers list higher than either sku of dying light.  from that i can conclude that the order's USA first week sales are around 0.5 million give or take 100k.

Poor Vita. That thing never had a chance. Good to see Wii U up yoy.

bunchanumbers said:
Poor Vita. That thing never had a chance. Good to see Wii U up yoy.

PS Vita is undertracked

I wrote this on ioi page.
"Can you please explain to me why PS Vita has sold only 2.4M in 2014 while Sony is saying PS Vita and PSP shipped 3.5M in 2014? And what about NPD January 2015, PS Vita sold 39% of 3DS but on VGChartz it only did around 24%. And why is PS Vita selling better in North America than Europe? Europe has countries like Georgia, Italy or Spain where the Vita sells quite good weekly. There is no doubte that Europe must be bigger than North America for PS Vita. Can you answer me?"

Around the Network

Dying Light looks like could be a fun game, have to check it out and see how it controls.

I've updated the opening post with the global software numbers.

I think it really shows something about this site that this isn't even on the front page as a "hot topic" and the numbers were released just this morning. People bitch about wanting numbers for weeks and then don't even participate in the conversation when they're released. I think people just really like whining is the conclusion I've come to.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
I think it really shows something about this site that this isn't even on the front page as a "hot topic" and the numbers were released just this morning. People bitch about wanting numbers for weeks and then don't even participate in the conversation when they're released. I think people just really like whining is the conclusion I've come to.

While people do love whining these numbers are 3 weeks old.  They've lost interest because they're so late coming. 

Again good numbers for the ps4:)