By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Hardware & Software weekly 7th February

Conegamer said:
Wii U > PS3! It's happening!

In seriousness though there's not a lot to cheer about here. Only one system about 100k, is not healthy.

I think 3ds is a bit overtracked this week and will get a massive boost next week. My question is to you and anyone else,  a month after the new 3ds release what do you think it's WW baseline will be? 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Conegamer said:
Wii U > PS3! It's happening!

In seriousness though there's not a lot to cheer about here. Only one system about 100k, is not healthy.

I think 3ds is a bit overtracked this week and will get a massive boost next week. My question is to you and anyone else,  a month after the new 3ds release what do you think it's WW baseline will be? 

Probably not all that much higher than it was before. Around the 150k mark?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

zorg1000 said:
Nate4Drake said:
So, PS4 sold 32k more than X1 and WiiU combined, and back to roughly 2:1 in the Global PS4 vs X1.
Also, PS4 will easy win Feb NPD.

Nah, 3DS will likely win, 175k for New 3DS XL in opening weekend. That puts it over 200k in the first 2 weeks.

Sorry I was not clear, I mean Home Consoles, I don't consider portable.

PS4 will win Feb NPD, Home Consoles.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

WiiStation360 said:
Even with the lower price, the XB1 is still sitting at about half of the PS4 weekly numbers.

I wonder what MS has planned. You know they want to at least pull ahead in the US. I think they have to drop to $300 at E3.

?

Xbox One is 400$ just like the PS4

Nate4Drake said:

It might win Feb NPD, but certainly not easily, it'll likely easily beat the XB1 though :P

KyleeStrutt said:
WiiStation360 said:
Even with the lower price, the XB1 is still sitting at about half of the PS4 weekly numbers.

I wonder what MS has planned. You know they want to at least pull ahead in the US. I think they have to drop to $300 at E3.

?

It's $50 less with an extra game.

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
WiiStation360 said:

?

Nate4Drake said:

It might win Feb NPD, but certainly not easily, it'll likely easily beat the XB1 though :P

What I meant and already explained :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Interesting that PS4 is still winning in NA despite the X1 being much cheaper.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I think that Wii U is undertracked in Europe.
Wii U sold 1/3 in Europe than in USA? why?
In 2013 Wii U EU sales was more than half USA sales, and in 2014 above 80%.
Even by now the Wii U sales in EU are probabily 80 or 85 % of US sales, so, if Wii U sold 23k this week in US, i think that it is at 18-19 k in EU.

PS4 also, no way for sell in Europe less than in USA...like PSVita.

XBO sales in EU starting to be correct, at least week by week, it must still have adjustment in 2015 and January 2015.

3DS overtracked...for sure.

New numbers for us to complain great.

Ps4>x1+WiiU and some spare
ps4 2:1 X1
ps4 and X1 within margin of error in USA, I suspect this to wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If Sony really want to just twist the knife in the gut of the competition, a price drop for the PS4 at E3 would just about do it.