By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Hardware & Software weekly 7th February

Very nice ps4 numbers ;)

Around the Network
teigaga said:
zorg1000 said:
3DS USA numbers have to be wrong, why would it be up the week before the redesign?

Zelda advertising. Maybe not every cares for the more expensive 'new 3DS'.

Except Zelda isn't out yet either

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
teigaga said
Zelda advertising. Maybe not every cares for the more expensive 'new 3DS'.

Except Zelda isn't out yet either

Advertising proceeds actual releases. Just saying maybe...

This UK advert released at the end of Jan. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps5hX4JYSnM

Bored already. Evolve week numbers are overdue. But why are there bumps for PS4 and Xb one when there should be a dip for 2nd week of dying light with nothing of any note releasing and no special or bundles?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mummelmann said:
Really slow Q1 overall, I'm actually surprised. Goes to show that some of us were right in thinking it premature to be so excited about the PS4's momentum in 2014 though; looks like they'll have to make more of an effort to keep showing great sales this year.
One not doing to well, at least the drop isn't massive but it needs a presence in EU fast, Japan is a lost cause.
Wii U slow but decent for its own standard, I still see 2015 being down yoy about 15% though.

I don't follow. at this rate, on what would be called a slow week the PS4 is still pulling a 150k baseline. What this means is that worst case scenario its averaging 600k a month. With no price drop and no system selling software. Being excittwd about the PS4 momentum wasn't premature, but you are right that Sony has to do something to maintain it (obviously). Question is how long will Sony be content with sales as they are right now. Cause as it stands its still outselling both the XB1 and WiiU combined. 

Around the Network
Salesaremissing said:

Digital console games made $263M in January — 63% from PlayStation platforms

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/25/digital-console-games-made-263m-in-january-and-most-of-that-was-from-playstation/

Just a reminder how strong Digital is on Playstation

Wow, that is nice. Really makes it clear how VGC not being able to track digital is really bad.

Thanks jlmurph!

Does chartz really expect us to belive on those 3DS numbers for the US the week before the new redesign is out?

I mean thats nearly 50% of what it sold in January, pretty sure those EU numbers are wrong too, its probably less than 30k for both combined.

seeing how little traffic these weekly sales threads are generating now. These used to be multi page monsters.

I fear like many other sites before it, this marks the beginning of the end of VGC. Basically what happens when a sites primary draw starts becoming irrelevant like how YouTube killed off the relevance of gametrailers.com.

Hope ioi is taking note, when numbers keep being this late, people will stop caring about them, which in turn will ultimately make people stop caring about the site. I am saying this cause I want this site and community to live on. I think ioi should consider getting people from the community to help with the compilations of these numbers and pay them something for their work if he's losing interest on the site.

Beats letting the site die all together.

Next week, 3ds > everything else.

binary solo said:
Bored already. Evolve week numbers are overdue. But why are there bumps for PS4 and Xb one when there should be a dip for 2nd week of dying light with nothing of any note releasing and no special or bundles?

Every console gets a natural bump after the low month of january.