By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Hardware & Software weekly 7th February

teigaga said:

Sad times lol

I really want something to dethrown it. 

well GTA has dethroned it but i'd love if a few more would too. 

Around the Network

Really slow Q1 overall, I'm actually surprised. Goes to show that some of us were right in thinking it premature to be so excited about the PS4's momentum in 2014 though; looks like they'll have to make more of an effort to keep showing great sales this year.
One not doing to well, at least the drop isn't massive but it needs a presence in EU fast, Japan is a lost cause.
Wii U slow but decent for its own standard, I still see 2015 being down yoy about 15% though.

VXIII said:

That is one big drop for Dying Light.

Not surprising, Its been out for a few weeks digitally. Think it might have legs though, lots of positive word of mouth. We'll have to wait and see if it falls off the map or remains a consistent member of the top 20

Kerotan said:
teigaga said:

Sad times lol

I really want something to dethrown it. 

well GTA has dethroned it but i'd love if a few more would too. 

Was going to say something more frequent then GTA which is like once every 4 years :p

Kerotan said:
walsufnir said:
Argh! I am blind! Please reformat, Kerotan!

it's done. all ok? 

All good :-*

Around the Network
teigaga said:
VXIII said:

That is one big drop for Dying Light.

Not surprising, Its been out for a few weeks digitally. Think it might have legs though, lots of positive word of mouth. We'll have to wait and see if it falls off the map or remains a consistent member of the top 20

Digital console games made $263M in January — 63% from PlayStation platforms

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/25/digital-console-games-made-263m-in-january-and-most-of-that-was-from-playstation/

Just a reminder how strong Digital is on Playstation

Was just thinking "Maybe ioi updated today".

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

3DS USA numbers have to be wrong, why would it be up the week before the redesign?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
3DS USA numbers have to be wrong, why would it be up the week before the redesign?

Zelda advertising. Maybe not every cares for the more expensive 'new 3DS'.

Mummelmann said:
Really slow Q1 overall, I'm actually surprised. Goes to show that some of us were right in thinking it premature to be so excited about the PS4's momentum in 2014 though; looks like they'll have to make more of an effort to keep showing great sales this year.
One not doing to well, at least the drop isn't massive but it needs a presence in EU fast, Japan is a lost cause.
Wii U slow but decent for its own standard, I still see 2015 being down yoy about 15% though.

Q1 has only just began,  we haven't had a big retail release yet. WW PS4 will obviously be down due to Japan launch, but it should be interesting to see what its sales are throughout Feb-March. The other 2 consoles are respectively doing well. 

Handhelds significantly down momentarily as expected. Feb/March will also be much bigger months for both 3DS and Vita.