By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Hardware & Software weekly 7th February

Kerotan said:
Salesaremissing said:

Digital console games made $263M in January — 63% from PlayStation platforms

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/25/digital-console-games-made-263m-in-january-and-most-of-that-was-from-playstation/

Just a reminder how strong Digital is on Playstation

Yeah playstation dominating digital in the console market.  Been saying this for months now I have solid proof. 

MS had the crown for years though, i wonder what they did wrong (or is it just PS doing great ?)

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Wii U > PS3! It's happening!

In seriousness though there's not a lot to cheer about here. Only one system about 100k, is not healthy.

I'll guess you meant above there. It's early february so sales being down is normal, especially for XB1 that had great discount during holyday, and wii U being above 100k without a big software won't happen (that is not healthy though).

For 3DS I'm not sure though, but i think it's a very popular gift, and most people who want one already own one, and N3DS is coming soon in Europe.

I'd say the market is rather healthy, but i guess I should check same period last year's numbers.

Salesaremissing said:
teigaga said:

Not surprising, Its been out for a few weeks digitally. Think it might have legs though, lots of positive word of mouth. We'll have to wait and see if it falls off the map or remains a consistent member of the top 20

Digital console games made $263M in January — 63% from PlayStation platforms

http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/25/digital-console-games-made-263m-in-january-and-most-of-that-was-from-playstation/

Just a reminder how strong Digital is on Playstation

Does it include indies?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Total hardware for the gen handheld and consoles is now over 100 million

So PS4 down, X1 and WiiU up YOY. Not a great week and I hope sales pick up speed so we at least have X1 as well above 100k/week.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
So PS4 down, X1 and WiiU up YOY. Not a great week and I hope sales pick up speed so we at least have X1 as well above 100k/week.

They'd need a 299 price tag plus 2 a game in the USA to achieve that imo. 

Kerotan said:
Puppyroach said:

They'd need a 299 price tag plus 2 a game in the USA to achieve that imo. 

Agreed.

Panama said:
If Sony really want to just twist the knife in the gut of the competition, a price drop for the PS4 at E3 would just about do it.

Not fair to kill competitors like this :)   We would have only one console for the remaining generation.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Puppyroach said:

Well, PS4 is still selling roughly 2:1 vs X1. And PS4 down by how much ? I would say PS4 steady at 160k, X1 at 75-85k, and WiiU very low every week.

Edited : wasn't PS4 below 158k previous week ?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Wow, the WiiU outsold the PS3 by a whopping 22 units!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---