By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which will sell more lifetime?

Wii U 126 75.45%

PS Vita 28 16.77%

It could honestly go either way 13 7.78%

Total:167

We should probably go ahead and lock this thread, it's been done to death

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

You are new to to this site so maybe you are not aware. Vita death threads ended over a year ago. People don't see a need to beat a dead horse as the Vita's fate has already been sealed. The Wii U however is still up in the air (although looking grimmer by the day).

Also you keep saying you are not biased which very clearly false to everyone but yourself.

zorg1000 said:
We should probably go ahead and lock this thread, it's been done to death

I haven't been on VGchartz as long as other people and so I don't recall those threads. I apologize for that.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Wii U minimum: 15,000,000
PSV maximum: 15,000,000

or:
Wii U maximum: 25,000,000
PSV minimum: 12,000,000

No way for PSV sell more, it will maximum close but not outsell...

Paatar said:

So currently, people are still saying the Wii U is a failure. But I do not ever hear anything about the Vita!

It is sad people only mention the Wii U because it is Nintendo. People hate on Nintendo for the sole reason it is Nintendo.

Currently, Wii U sales are catching up with Vita fast. And nothing is coming out on Vita in 2015 that we know of that screams system seller.

Wii U has Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, Star Fox and SMT X FE whenever new info for that is released that are probably all going to be system sellers (especially since XCX is getting bundled in Japan, meaning it probably will here too)

Why does it seem like everyone who loves the Vita is in denial about its failure and say the Wii U is the only failure?

Wii U has better games and has better quality. Yes, sales wise, it is a failure so far. Technically Vita is too, but we have yet to see a system seller on that console..

I want both systems to do well, but if you are going to bash on one console, bash on the other one that is doing worse even though it is Sony's console.

That is ALL I have to say on this subject. Lol. It just bugs me.

Did you even have a Playstation Vita? Playstation Vita has good games as much as the Wii U has, just because they are not that popular like the Nintendo games it doesn't mean that PS Vita has no games. 

PS Vita is undertracked here in VGChartz by a at least 600k for 2014 (source) and around 20-30k for January 2015 (source). And PS Vita will have a longer life than Wii U. In my opinion Wii U will never beat PS Vita!

And there is more hate for the Wii U than for the Vita on this site? Whaaat? Just what? Can you please give me a proof? The most users here are Nintendo gamer, you know that, aren't you?

Around the Network
shakarak said:
You are new to to this site so maybe you are not aware. Vita death threads ended over a year ago. People don't see a need to beat a dead horse as the Vita's fate has already been sealed. The Wii U however is still up in the air (although looking grimmer by the day).

Also you keep saying you are not biased which very clearly false to everyone but yourself.

I'm not biased lol

But I would like to say 2015 is looking far better for the Wii U than 2014. I mean 2014 really just had MK8, Donkey Kong Country: TF, Bayonetta, Hyrule and Smash. So far, 2015 has a lot more to offer and so I don't see how that makes it look "grimmer". But I would love for you to explain it to me. (Not trying to sound snooty here lol)

Wii U and the legend of zelda wii u, that's all you need know.

Dr.Vita said:
Paatar said:

So currently, people are still saying the Wii U is a failure. But I do not ever hear anything about the Vita!

It is sad people only mention the Wii U because it is Nintendo. People hate on Nintendo for the sole reason it is Nintendo.

Currently, Wii U sales are catching up with Vita fast. And nothing is coming out on Vita in 2015 that we know of that screams system seller.

Wii U has Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, Star Fox and SMT X FE whenever new info for that is released that are probably all going to be system sellers (especially since XCX is getting bundled in Japan, meaning it probably will here too)

Why does it seem like everyone who loves the Vita is in denial about its failure and say the Wii U is the only failure?

Wii U has better games and has better quality. Yes, sales wise, it is a failure so far. Technically Vita is too, but we have yet to see a system seller on that console..

I want both systems to do well, but if you are going to bash on one console, bash on the other one that is doing worse even though it is Sony's console.

That is ALL I have to say on this subject. Lol. It just bugs me.

Did you even have a Playstation Vita? Playstation Vita has good games as much as the Wii U has, just because they are not that popular like the Nintendo games it doesn't mean that PS Vita has no games. 

PS Vita is undertracked here in VGChartz by a at least 600k for 2014 (source) and around 20-30k for January 2015 (source). And PS Vita will have a longer life than Wii U. In my opinion Wii U will never beat PS Vita!

And there is more hate for the Wii U than for the Vita on this site? Whaaat? Just what? Can you please give me a proof? The most users here are Nintendo gamer, you know that, aren't you?

1) I never said that the Vita had bad games. I just said it had no games that screamed "system seller" for 2015. Which is a very different thing.

2) I never said on this site, I said in general, there is more hate on the Wii U. Go anywhere, you'll find it.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Wii U minimum: 15,000,000
PSV maximum: 15,000,000

or:
Wii U maximum: 25,000,000
PSV minimum: 12,000,000

No way for PSV sell more, it will maximum close but not outsell...

Give me a reason! PS Vita will have a longer life (Sony always supports their consoles longer than Nintendo + this will be their last handheld so it will stay on the market a long time!) and it is selling as good as Wii U in January 2015 considering it is still undertracked in January 2015. 2014 shipments were also not that different. 

1. You are indeed biased.

2. Vita trashing is old-hat now. People have moved on.

3. Both systems have received/currently receive criticism for not living up to expectations.