By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which will sell more lifetime?

Wii U 126 75.45%

PS Vita 28 16.77%

It could honestly go either way 13 7.78%

Total:167
Samus Aran said:
PieToast said:

It's unfair because console games were always more memorable and culturally significant than any handheld games (except Pokemon) and bold talks about quantity.

3DS: Pokémon X/Y, Fire Emblem: Awakening, LoZ: ALBW, AC: New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 4U, Youkai Watch, SSB4, Shovel Knight

And I'm not even including definitive versions of games like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Because that would be unfair. :p

You forgot Bravely Default. :P

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Paatar said:

I like how I won the argument and that is all you have to say. Which is all I need. :D

I never got owned so hard.

Hilarious. A winner of an argument doesn't ever say he/she won the argument. And I think you're blowing things out of proportion. I think most people do consider the Vita to been a "failure" or whatever word you want to use. People say the same thing about the Wii U as they do about the Vita. "I love my _____, but it's doing very poorly". It's pretty hard to say that either one has been a success.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

So you don't like that people hate a thing you like. And now you are encouraging people to hate something that other people like but you don't instead.

Classy.

Also, Why does it seem like everyone who loves the Wii U is in denial about its failure and say the Vita is the only failure?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not to put down your thread, but it has been mentioned a few times on previous threads on both sides. (I did one talking about the Vita's problem : X ) And not many people, especially fans of the consoles, want to talk about it anymore. Many people have accepted that both systems are rather poor, perhaps even failures. Continuing to bring it up just adds salt to the wound. But I do understand your feelings on the matter ; )

Regarding the Q, I think the Wii U will pass the Vita in time, but in the end, I think the Vita will pass the Wii U, due to Sony's overall longevity of their consoles. All their systems sold long after their times were passed, while Ninten consoles are retired when the new console is out. I feel this will happen between Vita and Wii U.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Maybe youre newer and missed it but when I joined I only ever saw Vita doom threads and they still pop up. Vita owners have accepted the console is niche and will stay that way. Wii U has a little more promise and hope left, so doom and gloom will continue until either people get tired of making fun of the Wii U or another system is announced and sells below users often high expectations

Around the Network

Wii U. Its still getting supported and good games are coming to the system more regularly, although i'm not saying the Vita is bad, but the support isn't great and is really only relying on those niche titles it has.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Samus Aran said:
PieToast said:

It's unfair because console games were always more memorable and culturally significant than any handheld games (except Pokemon) and bold talks about quantity.

3DS: Pokémon X/Y, Fire Emblem: Awakening, LoZ: ALBW, AC: New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 4U, Youkai Watch, SSB4, Shovel Knight

And I'm not even including definitive versions of games like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Because that would be unfair. :p

Ok. I'm not impressed that you posted the biggest games on the 3DS as a reply to a post that says it's unfair to compare culturally significant and memorable console games to a handheld. Or is this now a reply to Dr.Vita's post that says "Playstation Vita has as much good games as the Wii U has"? As if to ask him which games on Vita will be remembered in 20 years like the following 3DS games?

I still stand by my point that new games won't stay in our collective unconscious just like the old ones didn't but neither one of us can truly prove how the current games will be.
Edit: bold word 

.- -... -.-. -..

Paatar said:
Mnementh said:
Paatar said:
Neodegenerate said:
1. You are indeed biased.

2. Vita trashing is old-hat now. People have moved on.

3. Both systems have received/currently receive criticism for not living up to expectations.

Where is there any bias in my post?

I have only stated facts.

Wii U and Vita are both failures

Wii U has better quality games than Vita

Wii U has more system sellers in 2015 than Vita.

No bias there.

I marked the bias for your reference.

Look at reviews and ask people who have both the Wii U and Vita. Also, look at the games for 2015 for Wii U and Vita. Tell me which has more system sellers. That'll give you some reference. ;)

You talk as if the WiiU has a better game library objectively. Subjectively, I own a PSTV and I would much rather play Vita games than WiiU titles because I'm an RPG guy. Btw, I do think that the WiiU will outsell the Vita. Also, you claim that you're not bias when you're being bias against the Vita in favor of the WiiU by saying that that the WiiU has more system sellers. There's so much personal context that goes into the argument of a system seller that there will never be one definition of what a system seller is. So the WiiU having more system sellers than the Vita is not an objective statement, but a subjective one even if sales will say otherwise.

PieToast said:
Samus Aran said:

Ok. I'm not impressed that you posted the biggest games on the 3DS as a reply to a post that says it's unfair to compare culturally significant and memorable games to a handheld. Or is this now a reply to Dr.Vita's post that says "Playstation Vita has as much good games as the Wii U has"? As if to ask him which games on Vita will be remembered in 20 years like the following 3DS games?

I still stand by my point that new games won't stay in our collective unconscious just like the old ones didn't but neither one of us can truly prove how the current games will be.

It's proving you wrong that handheld consoles don't have culturally significant games outside Pokémon. The Vita might not have them, but the 3DS does.

Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Wii U minimum: 15,000,000
PSV maximum: 15,000,000

or:
Wii U maximum: 25,000,000
PSV minimum: 12,000,000

No way for PSV sell more, it will maximum close but not outsell...

Give me a reason! PS Vita will have a longer life (Sony always supports their consoles longer than Nintendo + this will be their last handheld so it will stay on the market a long time!) and it is selling as good as Wii U in January 2015 considering it is still undertracked in January 2015. 2014 shipments were also not that different. 

Sorry man, you have wrong.

Sony have always support you console because have always sold good, (all above 80M), PSV will probabily be discontinued by 2016...