By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U or PSVita?

Which will sell more lifetime?

Wii U 126 75.45%

PS Vita 28 16.77%

It could honestly go either way 13 7.78%

Total:167
Samus Aran said:

It's proving you wrong that handheld consoles don't have culturally significant games outside Pokémon. The Vita might not have them, but the 3DS does.

Not really sure how most of your list are "culturally significant games". You've listed a very competent list of decent games that carry on what previous iterations start out.

None of them are anywhere near the significance of Tetris, Pokemon Blue/Red etc. They're good games, the original point that handhelds don't really have the games is pretty accurate. How many of those 3DS games you listed will the masses look back in 10-20 years and think yeah, that was revolutionary? 

Yokai Watch is probably the most significant handheld title on your list another would possibly be Tomodachi Life. Everything else is an iteration. I think the clearly "cultural significant game" of this time though, is Minecraft.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

The Wii U will sell more than the Vita LTD, not that it is an accomplishment in any way.

Probably wiiu, not by a long shot.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

It's proving you wrong that handheld consoles don't have culturally significant games outside Pokémon. The Vita might not have them, but the 3DS does.

Not really sure how most of your list are "culturally significant games". You've listed a very competent list of decent games that carry on what previous iterations start out.

None of them are anywhere near the significance of Tetris, Pokemon Blue/Red etc. They're good games, the original point that handhelds don't really have the games is pretty accurate. How many of those 3DS games you listed will the masses look back in 10-20 years and think yeah, that was revolutionary? 

Yokai Watch is probably the most significant handheld title on your list another would possibly be Tomodachi Life. Everything else is an iteration. I think the clearly "cultural significant game" of this time though, is Minecraft.

I listed games that sold well and have good quality (Minecraft is excluded), Pietoast made a response of culturally significant games to my list of GC and Wii U games. I don't think a game needs to be as culturally significant as Pokémon to be remembered in 10-15 years.

I think my list of GC, PS2, Wii U and 3DS games are all very similar to each other. Shadow of the Colossus didn't sell all that well, but I listed it because gamers today still talk about its great quality. I'm not a PS fan in the slightest and even I know about Shadow of the Colossus.

Wii U

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

If you want to make a thread discussing sales, exclusive output, games or whatever between two consoles like the thread title and poll suggest, feel free.

If you want to make a thread that's literally trying to start an argument where there isn't even one (I feel like you did no research into this before posting and just made this thread as a reaction to something else), then don't.

As other people have detailed, the Vita has had more than its share of sales discussion in the past, and I can't say any of it was particularly positive about its future after about the end of 2012 (though Dr. Vita seems to want to prove me wrong in here).

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and lock this now.

Samus Aran said:

I listed games that sold well and have good quality (Minecraft is excluded), Pietoast made a response of culturally significant games to my list of GC and Wii U games. I don't think a game needs to be as culturally significant as Pokémon to be remembered in 10-15 years.

I think my list of GC, PS2, Wii U and 3DS games are all very similar to each other. Shadow of the Colossus didn't sell all that well, but I listed it because gamers today still talk about its great quality. I'm not a PS fan in the slightest and even I know about Shadow of the Colossus.

I hadn't read your other lists, just the 3DS one someone quoted.

As for what games will the Vita be remembered for? Probably a lot more than you think especially being more open like your list was. Persona 4: The Golden, Velocity 2X, Gravity Rush, WipeOut 2048, Danganronpa, LittleBigPlanet (It's the best one), KillZone Mercenary (the best handheld FPS), Drink Box's games (Mutant Blobs Attack, Guacamelee, Severed), Sword Art Online, Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts R. Sadly for Vita, many of the games that are great on it, are available on other systems and so Vita isn't the particular system the game will be remembered for. I mean games such as GTA III were actually multi platform.

A fair few upcoming releases could also be very memorable in the future. There have been some exciting JRPGs announced just today from some talented developers.

The Vita is going to be a cult console probably far more fondly looked back on than how it is currently treated.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.