By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which will sell more lifetime?

Wii U 126 75.45%

PS Vita 28 16.77%

It could honestly go either way 13 7.78%

Total:167
Paatar said:
Dr.Vita said:

Did you even have a Playstation Vita? Playstation Vita has good games as much as the Wii U has, just because they are not that popular like the Nintendo games it doesn't mean that PS Vita has no games. 

PS Vita is undertracked here in VGChartz by a at least 600k for 2014 (source) and around 20-30k for January 2015 (source). And PS Vita will have a longer life than Wii U. In my opinion Wii U will never beat PS Vita!

And there is more hate for the Wii U than for the Vita on this site? Whaaat? Just what? Can you please give me a proof? The most users here are Nintendo gamer, you know that, aren't you?

1) I never said that the Vita had bad games. I just said it had no games that screamed "system seller" for 2015. Which is a very different thing.

2) I never said on this site, I said in general, there is more hate on the Wii U. Go anywhere, you'll find it.

There are so much good games which could come this year to the Vita in the west. Digimon Cyber Sleuth, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, new SaGa game, new Ys game... Well this all are not "system sellers" but Splatoon or Star Fox are also not "system sellers".

Around the Network

Both are failure nothing is going to save wii u or vita,wii u advantage over psvita is first party

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Dr.Vita said:
Paatar said:

1) I never said that the Vita had bad games. I just said it had no games that screamed "system seller" for 2015. Which is a very different thing.

2) I never said on this site, I said in general, there is more hate on the Wii U. Go anywhere, you'll find it.

There are so much good games which could come this year to the Vita in the west. Digimon Cyber Sleuth, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, new SaGa game, new Ys game... Well this all are not "system sellers" but Splatoon or Star Fox are also not "system sellers".

The original Star Fox sold over 4m. This one could very well be a system seller. Splatoon is a new IP so it could go either way. Being a system seller, or not being a system seller.

Now the only one in your list that could be a small boost to sales (all of them are, but I mean a bigger impact) would be Sword Art Online. Otherwise, the others just kinda get added to the library.

The Wii U has lots of good exclusives even though some didn't sell well. (EX: The Wonderful 101) Just because a game is good, doesn't mean it'll be a system seller.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Neodegenerate said:
1. You are indeed biased.

2. Vita trashing is old-hat now. People have moved on.

3. Both systems have received/currently receive criticism for not living up to expectations.

Where is there any bias in my post?

I have only stated facts.

Wii U and Vita are both failures

Wii U has better quality games than Vita

Wii U has more system sellers in 2015 than Vita.

No bias there.

Paatar said:
Neodegenerate said:
1. You are indeed biased.

2. Vita trashing is old-hat now. People have moved on.

3. Both systems have received/currently receive criticism for not living up to expectations.

Where is there any bias in my post?

I have only stated facts.

Wii U and Vita are both failures

Wii U has better quality games than Vita

Wii U has more system sellers in 2015 than Vita.

No bias there.

There is your bias right there.  That isn't a fact, it is opinion, and one that is not shared by all.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Paatar said:

these are niche games in the west sadly

and star fox has sold over 1 million every entry except a remake on the 3ds

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Dr.Vita said:

May I also mention that (if sources are correct) they stopped the production of 64 3D?

Dr.Vita said:
Paatar said:

So currently, people are still saying the Wii U is a failure. But I do not ever hear anything about the Vita!

It is sad people only mention the Wii U because it is Nintendo. People hate on Nintendo for the sole reason it is Nintendo.

Currently, Wii U sales are catching up with Vita fast. And nothing is coming out on Vita in 2015 that we know of that screams system seller.

Wii U has Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, Star Fox and SMT X FE whenever new info for that is released that are probably all going to be system sellers (especially since XCX is getting bundled in Japan, meaning it probably will here too)

Why does it seem like everyone who loves the Vita is in denial about its failure and say the Wii U is the only failure?

Wii U has better games and has better quality. Yes, sales wise, it is a failure so far. Technically Vita is too, but we have yet to see a system seller on that console..

I want both systems to do well, but if you are going to bash on one console, bash on the other one that is doing worse even though it is Sony's console.

That is ALL I have to say on this subject. Lol. It just bugs me.

Did you even have a Playstation Vita? Playstation Vita has good games as much as the Wii U has, just because they are not that popular like the Nintendo games it doesn't mean that PS Vita has no games. 

PS Vita is undertracked here in VGChartz by a at least 600k for 2014 (source) and around 20-30k for January 2015 (source). And PS Vita will have a longer life than Wii U. In my opinion Wii U will never beat PS Vita!

And there is more hate for the Wii U than for the Vita on this site? Whaaat? Just what? Can you please give me a proof? The most users here are Nintendo gamer, you know that, aren't you?

Well, in 20 years from now, what are the games Vita will be remembered for? 

GC has TP, WW, MP, SMS, MK: DD, SSBM, RE4, Pikmin

PS2 has GTA III, GoW, Jak & Daxter, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Okami

Wii U has SM3DW, MK8, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, SSB4, etc.

Paatar said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

May I also mention that (if sources are correct) they stopped the production of 64 3D?

and there is the reason for it selling so little

may i also all remind you that star fox 64 almost sold 3 million in the US

while star fox adventures sold about 1 million in the US

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

RolStoppable said:
Neodegenerate said:

There is your bias right there.  That isn't a fact, it is opinion, and one that is not shared by all.

Now that's the blind leading the blind.

That isn't bias. Show me the games that are being released for the Vita that have the potential to sell over 1m copies? Zelda U, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Star Fox and SMT x FE will most likely sell more than 1m. (Obviously Zelda, Xeno and Star Fox will) There is no bias in that. One game might be a system seller for someone on the Vita, but I'm talking about as a whole. More people will buy a Wii U when Zelda hits the shelves rather than when PS Vita gets a bunch of Niche games in the west. See my point? That isn't being bias.