By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's with the lack of epic boss battle's these days?

is that in a shooter game why would there be an epic boss yeah there is resident evil but those are more like adventure games so why would you have a beast of a boss when you only shoot around not worth it, you should better plays games like rpg's. adventure, hack and slash ;) if you want great bosses

Around the Network

Baaaaayonetta! *clap clap clap clap* Baaaaaaayonetta! *clap clap clap clap*

Monster Hunter is mostly fighting epic bosses btw. Try that instead of shooters or anything like that.

Kerotan said:
theprof00 said:

um, excuse me? Bigger men than you have died for such insolence.

But no frogs. I'm not worried   

shows what you know ;)

Zelda WiiU better have some epic boss fights. That is all I can say about that one.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Lol no one has even mentioned God Of War III/Ascension when talking about epic boss battles, this site seems like its visited by Japanese patriots more than anything else.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Every time you reach a boss you are like "I better at least get a good strategy out of this fight or beat him already, because I don't want to pass all that again!".

Then if you can't and start to die there you'll be mad and try to rush the stage and start to die to traps/enemies before it and losing your souls and getting even more mad and get inside a cycle were you are screwed... Lol, it's really lovely

I can't count the numvber of times I had to quit playing and start again the next day because I lost, was upset about it and then rushed and lost and got more upset.

I think Souls games are the only one forcing me on healthy breaks without relying on shit mechanics (Like get xp for being dc'd and stuff)

You're playing the wrong games.

This thread is actually good timing for me. I just beat Uncharted 3 last night, and the final boss fight was underwhelming, to say the least.

But, like PullusPardus says, you need to look in the right places. The boss battles in Zelda games and the Souls series are routinely great. Koloktos in Skyward Sword, released only four years ago, is one of the best boss battles I've ever played. Darksiders, Bayonetta, God of War, Arkham, and Donkey Kong Country also boast some excellent boss battles.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
This thread is actually good timing for me. I just beat Uncharted 3 last night, and the final boss fight was underwhelming, to say the least.

But, like PullusPardus says, you need to look in the right places. The boss battles in Zelda games and the Souls series are routinely great. Koloktos in Skyward Sword, released only four years ago, is one of the best boss battles I've ever played. Darksiders, Bayonetta, God of War, Arkham, and Donkey Kong Country also boast some excellent boss battles.

Darksiders? Eh. One of the bosses kinda reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, which is awesome, but other than that... Meh. The final boss is especially anti-climatic/lackluster. And Arkham CITY has great bosses. Asylum not so much (though I really enjoy Killer Croc, just because of how tense it is)

Now God of War, that's where you go for "epic bosses". GoW3's first boss is better than some game's final bosses, it's insane.

Kid Icarus Uprising and Bayonetta 2(for some) say hi.