By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's with the lack of epic boss battle's these days?

If you played bayonetta 2  you wouldnt complain about epic bosses. Now that game has some bad ass bosses fo sho

Around the Network

There's still some good ones left.

God of War
Bayonetta (and every other PlatinumGames title)
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Kingdom Hearts
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid

Most games are just copies of each other nowadays, developers lack the creativity to do anything even slightly unique or different. So if a game is successful there'll be an army of shitebags waiting to cash-in on it. And I think that's why the majority of modern boss fights are uninspired garbage.

Dragon's dogma had some great bosses.

Wright said:
fluky-nintendy said:

I was about to say this. Basically there isn't one boss fight that isnt epic. And there are MANY bosses in each game.

Really? Outside False King Allant, I found the end-game bosses of Demon's Souls fairly disappointing. And on Dark Souls 2, they recycled waaaay too much.

I respect your opinion, but in my and many others opinions, the first boss fights in Souls games are always epic and a moment when ppl have to learn their way to defeat those Demon's.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

We haven't had a God of War in a while..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Xenostar said:

Wrong boss battle originated to eat all your coins in the arcade. The original Pay to Win market :)

End of game boss, not end of level boss.

Pretty sure OP is talking about any boss battle, due to DMC coments.

It's because they're not cinematic enough lol

theprof00 said:
Kerotan said:

But no frogs. I'm not worried   

shows what you know ;)

Aw sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Just pick any souls game and there ya go. Plus you get to fight many mini boss invaders.

Metroid33slayer said:

"Dragon's dogma had some great bosses."

Yes it did and I liked the fact that you could climb all over 'em versus just being an ankle biter the whole time. Also the dragons were more like I imagine dragons would be like. Elder scrolls should take some notes.