By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's with the lack of epic boss battle's these days?

BraLoD said:
You should really try the Souls games.
The bosses will male you cry for asking for this
Pick Bloodborne next month, should be a good go.

*If you can get to the boss.

And after that you better beat the boss the first time, you wouldn't want to run through a mile of deadly traps and badass ennemies again.

Around the Network
Salnax said:

If you take out every enemy in video games that can be defeated by finding their weakness and attacking appropriately, you end up with a lot of walking simulators.

I find it hard to believe you don't know what I'm talking about.  If I need to be more specific  for you then I'll change it to, "I'm over giant enemies that are invulnerable everywhere but that little glowing bit."  

Oh, how I hated/loved this game...

It was unbelievably hard to get there and then you had to either be lucky to make your decision right the first time or you wrote down what he chose (it was deterministic, at least).

And don't get me started about Shinobi's last boss and the "non-ending". As well as Tomb Raider 1, one of the worst endings of all time!

I like Bayonettas 2 boss fights a lot.. :P

I guess Japanese roots for games are slowly dying out. Metal gear Rising was classic. It's hard to recover from the shock of failing and having to REPEAT when the boss had only0.5 percent of the life bar left.

Around the Network

It just so happens that shooters are not the best genre for bosses. Since they're the most common genre nowadays, you do the math.

artur-fernand said:
It just so happens that shooters are not the best genre for bosses. Since they're the most common genre nowadays, you do the math.

I was like playing Dying light the other day...The first boss was okay. The second one made me laugh.

All games should follow the rule of FF. Make the last battle look epic but make the boss weak.
I think a difficult endboss is a turnoff. Sure it makes you think you accomplished something but the cost of that is turning away lots of people who just wanted to finish the game and may be not good enough and will because of that never see the ending. Difficulty should be something optional in games.

I think that the Final Boss of FFXIII-2 was pretty epic and a bit challenging but not too much. So a good mix.

Oh, and to add to the embarrassing endbosses: Mirror's Edge.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Kerotan said:

To answer the topic.  Kojima ran out of ideas. 

um, excuse me? Bigger men than you have died for such insolence.

Dont worry Bloodborne will cover your epic boss battle needs on March.