By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's with the lack of epic boss battle's these days?

Play FF games. The upcoming Type-0 has really big, epic and cinematic(No, not QTEs) boss battles. There's even one where you use a summon against a giant dragon.

Around the Network

Never really liked boss battles. They are so ridiculously hard compared to the level that got you there.

Maybe it's just me becoming more of a casual gamer as growing old, but I really don't enjoy feeling frustrated when I find some time to play.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

They seem mostly reserved for some action games, Bayonetta being a great example. I absolutely love the Souls' series boss battles, I feel Bloodborne will hopefully do it just as well :)

Bokal said:
Never really liked boss battles. They are so ridiculously hard compared to the level that got you there.

Maybe it's just me becoming more of a casual gamer as growing old, but I really don't enjoy feeling frustrated when I find some time to play.

Maybe you're just playing the wrong kind of boss battles. In essence they are supposed to be a test of you ability to understand the game mechanics and use them strategically, but, their are tons of bullet sponges, QTE fests, and plain frustarting fights as well. 

The Order's lycan boss battle was epic. And not a QTE.

Around the Network

The Lack of Dark souls here saddens me

CrankyFlameBunny said:

I'm sure it's because there's still plenty of people who haven't played them. 

Aeolus451 said:
CrankyFlameBunny said:

Yeah it's due to the lack of people. If i'm correct the Souls series barely hits the low millions which is a Shame since it's an amazing series.

I know right? I killed the last boss in Fire Emblem Awakening in 1 hit/counter combo ...

CrankyFlameBunny said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah it's due to the lack of people. If i'm correct the Souls series barely hits the low millions which is a Shame since it's an amazing series.

I think that more and more people are starting to like 'em. For some people, it may take some time to grow on them. Hopefully, more will over time.