By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

You can't be serious...

Oh i´m, when you see IGN with that "why we love The Order lengh"... ummh

I take it you didn't actually listen to the podcast, and are basing this entirely on the title? Some of their points were a bit silly, but the core argument they were trying to make was valid.

I can handle (and chucke at) "Bias! Paid off! Conspiracy!" style comments, but better scores because they feel sorry for them? That just makes me groan...

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh i´m, when you see IGN with that "why we love The Order lengh"... ummh

I take it you didn't actually listen to the podcast, and are basing this entirely on the title? Some of their points were a bit silly, but the core argument they were trying to make was valid.

I can handle (and chucke at) "Bias! Paid off! Conspiracy!" style comments, but better scores because they feel sorry for them? That just makes me groan...

Ok, ok, sorry, maybe i´m wrong, that was only an impression.

Goodnightmoon said:

Not when it has the hype of a +90 game and is going to sell millions and it turns to be completely average game, of course is not the same, if Xenoblade X or Splatoon turns to have around 75, of course that will be a very bad score for what the game pretends to be.

If Destiny gets a 77 but Kirby a 75, who is the dissapointing game here? The one that costs 400 millions dollar, and is made to sell like 15 millions copies? Or the one that costs a 2% of that and is made to sell like... 1 million with lucky. Of course is NOT the same.

Could you point me to a thread where a significant amount of people thought that The Order was getting a 90+ meta?

This game hyped at first, like any exclusive new IP would, but it has received negative impressions for at least half a year now. People who are interested in this game are just hoping for the best. Most see the chances of 80+ slim, let alone 90.

Budget and hype do not, or should not, influence review scores anyway

celador said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Wait? Are you trying to compare the less important WiiU exclusive of the year, a little strange game that is 40 $ and had no hype at all, with one of the most important exclusives of the Playstation 4? a 60 bucks game that is been announced for 2 years like the biggest thing since the slice bread? Are you serious? Or you only want to star a nonsense war?

Biggest thing since slice bread? Please, this game has been shat on for a full year now.

I am comparing the way games on different systems are spoken about when they score similarly. A 75 is considered good on a Nintendo system, not on PS or Xbox. Not when it is exclusive.

Welcome to double standards!

Im very intrigued to see what this game gets, my prediction is 73 based on all the cons we've heard so far but I wouldn't be shocked if it got a 75-78.

Goodnightmoon said:
celador said:

Biggest thing since slice bread? Please, this game has been shat on for a full year now.

I am comparing the way games on different systems are spoken about when they score similarly. A 75 is considered good on a Nintendo system, not on PS or Xbox. Not when it is exclusive.

Not when it has the hype of a +90 game and is going to sell millions and it turns to be completely average game, of course is not the same, if Xenoblade X or Splatoon turns to have around 75, of course that will be a very bad score for what the game pretends to be.

If Destiny gets a 77 but Kirby a 75, who is the dissapointing game here? The one that costs 400 millions dollar, and is made to sell like 15 millions copies? Or the one that costs a 2% of that and is made to sell like... 1 million with lucky. Of course is NOT the same.

I don't get, so because some or a lot of ppl Hype new franchise from a devs who develop usually on handled console should be punished right to hell ? for me a new franchise should get a little higher rewiew and be more forgiving so maybe we stop to see soon assassin creed 52, uncharted 66,  halo 89, mario 98362.

and kirby is a old know franchise... if its not getting hyped its maybe because ppl not want this game right at start, simple as this is..

Around the Network

Tagged

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

Ok, ok, sorry, maybe i´m wrong, that was only an impression.

It's fine. Sorry if i was a bit blunt ^^;

celador said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Could you point me to a thread where a significant amount of people thought that The Order was getting a 90+ meta?

This game hyped at first, like any exclusive new IP would, but it has received negative impressions for at least half a year now. People who are interested in this game are just hoping for the best. Most see the chances of 80+ slim, let alone 90.

I remember there was a thread where people were comparing Sunset and Order, this was before Sunset even came out and I think the general opinion in that thread was that The Order would get an 85 meta max. Which before all this recent stuff and before we knew it was a short game with no other modes seemed pretty reasonable.

It will be very interresting to see how the game will do at the reviews...

celador said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I´m not saying anyone was expecting a +90, but the level of the hype was comparable to the level of any incoming masterpiece, maybe in this forums where the people are better informed is not so big, but soooo many people counted this game as a reason to get a ps4, and is not.

Hype should not influence review scores, but it has an effect on how we look the scores, and is normal and completely fair, if they are selling you something like GOLD with diamonds, when it turns to be bronze then that score is a bad score for the game, of course it is, they have been lying to you, they have not achieve the expectatives they were creating, and by far.