By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

generic-user-1 said:
Insidb said:

It's a very polarizing game. In response: 2) I played Far Cry 3 and cried with joy when I got back to Destin'y controls, 2) There's a story!? Don't play with me like that!, and 3) All MMOs are eventually a grindfest, but the main campaign and drive for level 30 (now 32) is substantial.

i didnt played far cry on ps4, but yeah, for a console the controlls are okay(but well you normaly dont play fps on consoels because even the best controlls suck hard, thats why we dont get crossplatform multiplayer ), but thats not the problem, the gameplay has other problems(gunplay is so bad)

I really enjoy the gunplay, except for the OP fusion rifles in PvP. Nothing (I mean NOTHING.) beats PC FPS controls. Unreal is my personal standard bearer. You?

Around the Network
Insidb said:
generic-user-1 said:

i didnt played far cry on ps4, but yeah, for a console the controlls are okay(but well you normaly dont play fps on consoels because even the best controlls suck hard, thats why we dont get crossplatform multiplayer ), but thats not the problem, the gameplay has other problems(gunplay is so bad)

I really enjoy the gunplay, except for the OP fusion rifles in PvP. Nothing (I mean NOTHING.) beats PC FPS controls. Unreal is my personal standard bearer. You?

well im more a quake guy, but i realy like unreal too.

o_O.Q said:
curl-6 said:

Bingo. There's nothing "broken" about criticising a game for doing things most gamers won't like.

As to this kind of game being what Playstation is all about, that's honestly why I've lost interest in Playstation. They're too focussed on being cinematic.

the most recent exclusives released by sony with the exception of the order have been little big planet 3, infamous first light, infamous second son and driveclub 

so a platformer, open world game and driving game

this thing about oh sony only does cinemtic games has no factual basis to it at all, if it was true i personally wouldn't have a playsation

the reality is that sony releases games in varied genres constantly

I didn't say they only did cinematic, just that they focus too much on it for my taste. Just recently The Order 1886, Beyond 2 Souls, The Last of Us, Infamous Second Son, God of War Ascension,  and Knack, have all been overly movie-like in my opinion. Their focus seems to be more on graphics, story, and cutscenes than on the gameplay these days, at least from what I have played and seen.

65 now with 63 Critics
6.5 User score from 1170 ratings

=(

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'm not far in, but so far the reviews seem to be justified. The first hour or so is absolutely glacial in its pacing. I've spent twice as long doing "USE L STICK TO LOOK AT THIS STUPID ITEM" than I have actually shooting things, which in a shooter is... erm, counterintuitive. I'd find that sort of thing a lot more forgivable in a launch title that's basically a glorified tech demo for a hot new console, but a year and a half later it's far less cute. And the Not QTEs... if not for the Ready At Dawn logo I would have sworn this was Quantic Dream's lastest release.

The controls themselves are also minorly baffling. Is there a reason for this L3 to run/O to take cover/X to mantle business instead of the standard "press X to everything"?

On the plus side, everything certainly does look and sound very nice! Too bad Roger Ebert shuffled off, because this could have been the game to convince him that not only are games art, they're actually movies.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
mymuro said:
generic-user-1 said:
okay, after some playing at work i musst say the game IS realy easy, but thats fine.and the gameplay isnt that bad at all, not great, but okay. the world is meh and the story is more meh, the game isnt a good movie or a good game, the writing is fine for a normal game, but if you focus so much on a cinematic feeling you should have the writing to be a decent movie.(same problem TLOU had in my eyes).
i dont think 66 is a fair score, it does many things good and it could be alot worse. if a poorly written bad tps like gears got 94, this way better tps should be 80 minimum.

I dont know about gears but the story after chapter 11 is a joke(AND SHORT).

well i will see that soon(if no stupid student comes and make me work monday).    the the story realy that bad? i mean games dont have a good story most of the time, and even praised games have the plot of a tom cruise movie

It's like the writer in the middle of his writing but he doesn't want to write anymore. After ch11 is basically let's kill the boss in an hour and end this shit. The writer just don't care about other characters like Igranie and Hastings anymore.

So I am playing through The Order right now. I am only four or five chapters in, but the game is yet to grab me. The story just isn't there, and the constant interruptions during gameplay are getting really old. It's worse than Uncharted.

Question, when does the gore get good? We've all seen those shots of guys getting their heads zapped off and a shotgun destroying people. I am yet to experience the lightning gun, but I did use a shotgun and found not only was there no gore, even the shotgun in the game is an utter disappointment in terms of feel and impact :

Will post an Unbiased Review tomorrow. I was hoping to get the platinum on one play though, but apparently I walked too far down an alley and triggered an unskippable cut scene in the first level and could not back track afterwards :