By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

tokilamockingbrd said:
The gaming review system is broken.

This is a situation where the English teacher is trying grade your Math. You nailed your equations but she is give you an F because your grammar was bad, and she really does not like Math to begin with.

It's more like RAD submitting a maths essay for an English class. It's the teacher's job to assess the English, the fact that the student chose to submit maths instead is their mistake.

Around the Network

The amount of people that have been banned over The Order 1886 is really kind of hilarious.

You've got the people that tried to damage control the game and its reviews so badly that they ended up either personally attacking someone or something alone those lines.

You've got people that made posts making fun of the game or something like that and that got them banned.

You've got people basically just arguing over anything in The Order threads, even some things that have nothing to do with the game.

I don't think we're ever going to get an honest review on this game; The Order is 1 day old and already has more ratings on meteoritic than Halo: MCC does, and that's been out for 3 months. You have a slew of people reiterating previous rumors (5 hour game, etc.) and giving it a 0, and I assume plenty of people are reacting with unjustifiable 10s.

Oh, well, there's always next year.

Insidb said:
I don't think we're ever going to get an honest review on this game; The Order is 1 day old and already has more ratings on meteoritic than Halo: MCC does, and that's been out for 3 months. You have a slew of people reiterating previous rumors (5 hour game, etc.) and giving it a 0, and I assume plenty of people are reacting with unjustifiable 10s.

Oh, well, there's always next year.

The problem with The Order, from what I saw at least, is that there were legit complaints and worries about the game, and the developers did nothing to try and calm those claims down except make them worse. Especially with dumb remarks such as "Internet bullies". Especially since there were people with legit complaints that apparently the developers think as just "Jumping on a hate bandwagon". There was also a comment they made somewhere about a $100 steak or something.

If someone were to say something about the length of the game, they would have a swarm of people defending the game and with no real answer to believe.

It's all looks even worse in the end for the developers as well considering all the remarks that they said, then just to have their game have a 65 on metacritic.  In the end obviously the reviews don't matter, if someone enjoys the game and doesn't mind if it's short then that's good for them, no review is going to change that for them since it's all up to opinion.

The problem with The Order, from what I saw at least, is that there were legit complaints and worries about the game, and the developers did nothing to try and calm those claims down except make them worse. Especially with dumb remarks such as "Internet bullies". Especially since there were people with legit complaints that apparently the developers think as just "Jumping on a hate bandwagon". There was also a comment they made somewhere about a $100 steak or something.

If someone were to say something about the length of the game, they would have a swarm of people defending the game and with no real answer to believe.

It's all looks even worse in the end for the developers as well considering all the remarks that they said, then just to have their game have a 65 on metacritic.  In the end obviously the reviews don't matter, if someone enjoys the game and doesn't mind if it's short then that's good for them, no review is going to change that for them since it's all up to opinion.

Unfortunately, there's no accountability and a lot of fanboy regurgitation.

If a review is honest and makes credible points, then there is merit in that review. When people writes review that say, "Game has the best graphics on a console, story is decent, gameplay is okay, too many QTEs, and not really better or worse than anything out there right now...0," they make no sense. The developers probably fanned the flames, but it won them a ridiculous amount of media awareness, so maybe they don't care. No press is bad press?

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Now that I think of it, makes me wonder how MGS 4 got a free pass. I mean, it has awesome gameplay but it was no more than 8 hours I believed and it was interrupted by long lasting cutscene, which one of them lasted about 30 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

You are absolutely right to question that. MGS is one of my favourite franchises, 1 and 3 (particularly 3) are some of my favourite games of all time, but 4 is a sorry excuse for a game. The whole thing was a cheap shot fanfare production rehashing every possible plot point they could from previous games with a never ending sea of cutscenes of outrageous length. It even regressed in many key areas on the gameplay side of things from the third game. It's honestly one of the most disappointing games I ever played. Fortunately Phantom Pain looks to be the game that MGS4 always should have been IMO

Angelus said:
Angelv577 said:
Now that I think of it, makes me wonder how MGS 4 got a free pass. I mean, it has awesome gameplay but it was no more than 8 hours I believed and it was interrupted by long lasting cutscene, which one of them lasted about 30 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

You are absolutely right to question that. MGS is one of my favourite franchises, 1 and 3 (particularly 3) are some of my favourite games of all time, but 4 is a sorry excuse for a game. The whole thing was a cheap shot fanfare production rehashing every possible plot point they could from previous games with a never ending sea of cutscenes of outrageous length. It even regressed in many key areas on the gameplay side of things from the third game. It's honestly one of the most disappointing games I ever played. Fortunately Phantom Pain looks to be the game that MGS4 always should have been IMO

I have to play The Order before I can make an objective comparison, but MGS4 was VERY long and loaded with content. By cinematic comparison, a game with 6-8 hours of footage would warrant a blu-ray movie price tag of $60 (Most movies are overpriced at $20, but that's the going rate.). I think one issue (problem) MGS4 had was the need to wrap up every plot point, because it was supposed to be the finale. 

Insidb said:
Angelus said:

I have to play The Order before I can make an objective comparison, but MGS4 was VERY long and loaded with content. By cinematic comparison, a game with 6-8 hours of footage would warrant a blu-ray movie price tag of $60 (Most movies are overpriced at $20, but that's the going rate.). I think one issue (problem) MGS4 had was the need to wrap up every plot point, because it was supposed to be the finale. 

Sorry I didn't mean to imply MGS4 was light on content (though I did object to the form of a majority of said content) if that's the impression you got from my post. Just that I don't feel it's in any way great video game in regards to what I expect from a video game.

Angelus said:
Angelv577 said:

The majority of MGS fans only cared about the story and how Kojima will retire Solid Snake. He then reunited all the favorite MGS characters in that game, it was like eye candy galore (The BBs weren't hard on the eyes too. lol!). So the complaints about the cutscenes was largely ignored because the greater portion of the fanbase was satisfied with the presentation and how it ended for everyone.

At least there was no QTE overkill. lol!

0815user said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Ow! All I really wanted to get a good third person shooter.....

so, what's hindering you giving this one a try? never liked a game that got mixed reviews?

There's barely any shooting parts from what I've heard.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!